Battery Life + Info Re: Desktop Dock

This is a discussion on Battery Life + Info Re: Desktop Dock within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; What sort of Battery Life are you getting on your Samsung Epic 4G? I ordered my Epic on Tuesday morning. I received it on Wednesday ...

Thread: Battery Life + Info Re: Desktop Dock

EpicForums.net Member Epic Forums User's Avatar

Battery Life + Info Re: Desktop Dock

What sort of Battery Life are you getting on your Samsung Epic 4G?

I ordered my Epic on Tuesday morning. I received it on Wednesday midday. I charged it to full immediately before I used it or activated it.

The first full day of use (Thursday) I didn't pay much attention to battery life, but it seemed very fast to drain, but of course, I was doing a lot of messing around and such.

Friday I barely used it at all and it died on me (to shutdown) after about ten hours.

Saturday I monitored the phone and used it barely (not at all)- these are my battery use statistics from "battery monitor":
    - Uplugged 12H 16M 58S
    - Cell Standby- 42% Time without Signal 64%
    - Phone Idle- 24%
    - Display-13%
    - Voice Calls- 11% (about 2m 30s)
    - Android OS 4%
    - Dialer 3%

I took one call, and did not use any functions or features of the phone. Additionally, the screen brightness is turned all the way down, and I have turned off WiFi, 4G, GPS, etc.. No apps were running in the background. It was in "standby" mode the majority of the time. I do live in an area that has interesting sprint cell phone coverage/service.

ALSO- Take Note. If you are thinking of buying the Desktop Dock, it IS NOT usable with a cover (such as the red/black cover) sold by Sprint.

I am interested if everyone's battery life is as bad as mine, or I am having an annomoly or problem.

Thank you very much-
    COOP

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

My battery life is so horrendous that it basically renders the phone worthless. Mine went from full charge to shutdown in about 6 hours with no use. Using the wifi alone I have about an hour of battery. If you use it to actually make calls it drains so fast it makes my head spin. The amazing thing is how long it takes to charge, at least with the USB cable. I haven't tried directly into the wall, but it takes HOURS to charge with the USB.

I'm not able to keep my phone plugged in all day (nor should I have to since it is a MOBILE phone). I hope they fix the battery drain rate because right now this phone is borderline worthless.

Yea, the battery is off the meter weak. I really think its software related. Glad i opt for that spare battery to help me get through the day :-). But also i notice with good signals your battery tends t last longer. I havent been able to fully test it but its deso on standby mode. Of course 4g is an all out assault on the battery. Hopefully an update is around the corner. Im not to happy about froyo. I didnt like it on the evo so hopefully its ok on the epic.

Juice Defender was recommended to me. I got 24 hours out of my Epic befor I had to put it on charge. Having the 3G turned off except when I was actually using it saved a lot of juice.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links