screen freezes

This is a discussion on screen freezes within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Screen freezes when charging is done.Have to remove battery and reboot.Any fixes?I think that after the charging is the cause of this because mine does ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RERThird

Thread: screen freezes

EpicForums.net Member Epic Forums User's Avatar

screen freezes

Screen freezes when charging is done.Have to remove battery and reboot.Any fixes?I think that after the charging is the cause of this because mine does the same as Mizuki does and works fine after i take out battery and reinstall it.It only freezes up if i don't disconnect after charging is complete.Overcharging bad?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yea when mine did that, i let the phone screen time out then i just unplugged it and it was ok. I would take it back to swap it out if i have another issue. Im starting to think they rushed out the 100k.

My screen just froze for no reason. The screen was locked but I got a text and went to slide the keyboard out. The screen went black and the 4 buttons on front lit up. The screen never turned on and the buttons never turned off. Nothing was responsive. Had to take the battery out. Anyone have any idea why?? Or any fixes or something?

I have had the same problem as mizuki. Screen goes black with the four buttons lit up and no response. Requires battery pull to restart phone. I could not pinpoint when it actually happened though. So far it has happened twice for me. One time I pulled the phone out my shirt pocket because I received a text message and it was already frozen. The other time I was awakened by a phone call and the phone was ok but after going back to bed and waking up again the phone was frozen again. I had not received any new messages or phone calls. It is a great phone but these inconveniences are starting to annoy.

I am having the exact same problem with the four virtual buttons at the bottom of the display being lighted and all buttons on the Epic being unresponsive. You have to remove and replace the battery to clear the condition.
    Interestingly, we have one Epic that has had no failures and one that repeatedly freezes.
    The freezing always happens after a delay of minutes or hours in the sleep condition. The battery is not exhausted at the time.
    No freezing has occurred while charging is in progress or while the phone is in active use.
    The cure seems to be to get a new phone.

Epic 4G Freezing

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Forums User View Post
    I am having the exact same problem with the four virtual buttons at the bottom of the display being lighted and all buttons on the Epic being unresponsive. You have to remove and replace the battery to clear the condition.
    Interestingly, we have one Epic that has had no failures and one that repeatedly freezes.
    The freezing always happens after a delay of minutes or hours in the sleep condition. The battery is not exhausted at the time.
    No freezing has occurred while charging is in progress or while the phone is in active use.
    The cure seems to be to get a new phone.
    This is a follow-up.
    After four freezes I gave up and replaced the Epic 4G.
    There have been no problems with the replacement or with the other one of the two phones that were purchased several weeks ago.
    Mike Watson likes this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links