Why can't Epic play HD videos?

This is a discussion on Why can't Epic play HD videos? within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I tried to play some HD videos from Vimeo.com but they coudn't. Does anybody know why? Does it require a flash upgrade to Android 2.2? ...

Thread: Why can't Epic play HD videos?

EpicForums.net Member Epic Forums User's Avatar

Why can't Epic play HD videos?

I tried to play some HD videos from Vimeo.com but they coudn't. Does anybody know why? Does it require a flash upgrade to Android 2.2?

Also, I watched Youtube HD videos and Sprint TV and thought that the video quality was very bad, much worse than iTouch. All the TV ads i've seen of Epic, they all touted that the videos are in high HD quality. Do i need to change my settings to play high quality videos?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have an EVO and Epic. The EVO seems to play any video even with just a few bars on 3G. While the Epic will only play videos smoothly when it has at least 2 bars on 4G. And I'm talking ESPN video clips not some super hi res video. Strange thing is that videos look great when connected to wifi. After about an hour of goofing around with the Epic, the sprint guys finally said, they think it will be fixed with android 2.2 upgrade that will be available "sometime soon." I don't know enough about the differences between 2.1 and 2.2 to know if that is a reasonable claim or not. It seems to be related to phones ability to ge data throughput when on the cell network since vdeo looks great on wifi. If the update doesn't fix it, I'm going to replace it with an EVO.

You're right, HD videos only played when connected to WI-FI. The AMOLED display is beautiful to look at HD videos (although i hate to admit it but iPhone 4 display is slightly better).

Sprint has to fix this issue so we can watch HD when NOT connected to Wi-FI (hopefully through Android 2.2). If not then we should all complaint since we paid a lot of money for 4G so we want to use it to watch HD videos on the go, not at home with WI-FI.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links