Roms w/ description... WHERE?

This is a discussion on Roms w/ description... WHERE? within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi, to this and i'm looking to install a new rom on my Epic 4G but like every person, I am afraid to damage my ...

Thread: Roms w/ description... WHERE?

Roms w/ description... WHERE?

Hi, to this and i'm looking to install a new rom on my Epic 4G but like every person, I am afraid to damage my new equipment.

I'm looking for some stable Roms to flash my Epic but don't know where to look for them with a good description of what does work- what doesn't-what will improve with it... Thing's like that. If anyone can help me, i'll apreciate. =)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Welcome to the forums!

These people here... Epic 4G Android Development - xda-developers ...can be a bit touchy and unfriendly in their threads, but they have a very large selection of ROM's with instructions on how to install them and what does/doesn't work.

Personally, I would suggest this one:
    [ROM][ACS][STOCK] "Swiss Cheese Samsprint" EE03 :: GPS/GTalk video/voice fix! :: 5/16 - xda-developers

It seems to be mostly a fixed version of official Samsung Gingerbread.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

These people here... Epic 4G Android Development - xda-developers ...can be a bit touchy and unfriendly in their threads, but they have a very large selection of ROM's with instructions on how to install them and what does/doesn't work.

Personally, I would suggest this one:
    [ROM][ACS][STOCK] "Swiss Cheese Samsprint" EE03 :: GPS/GTalk video/voice fix! :: 5/16 - xda-developers

It seems to be mostly a fixed version of official Samsung Gingerbread.
    Hi Dorian, I could read its an interesting rom but it says "EE03" & mine is Froyo "EC05" (is this the description model of the custom rom or do I need to find another like mine EC05 to be compatible?)

My kernel is: "2.6.32.9" (dont know if i'll have prob's with that)...

CWM v.2.5.*.* (I've read it says can't be used w/ my model of "CWM", How do I delete it OR Update it?)

Working by "RFS"...

Won't I have any trouble flashing my Froyo "EC05" to this "Swiss Cheese Samsprint" with what I already have installed?

I'm rooted, but nothing more... (kind of stock here) =(, What do I need to do at least with the "CWM" to install this?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android.net

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    EE03 is the software build ID. Mine on the Captivate is XWJVH. Sprint just uses different ID's. Also the ID changes with each software revision. So you could load EE03 to your Epic.

The ROM comes with it's own kernel that gets flashed when you install the ROM you choose... it all comes in one convenient package... OS, Modem, and Kernel.

About CWM, it has a download link for the correct version you need to install. Make sure you have debug enabled, then connect your phone to your PC and run the "run.bat" that's in the zip file linked on that page.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    EE03 is the software build ID. Mine on the Captivate is XWJVH. Sprint just uses different ID's. Also the ID changes with each software revision. So you could load EE03 to your Epic.

The ROM comes with it's own kernel that gets flashed when you install the ROM you choose... it all comes in one convenient package... OS, Modem, and Kernel.

About CWM, it has a download link for the correct version you need to install. Make sure you have debug enabled, then connect your phone to your PC and run the "run.bat" that's in the zip file linked on that page.
    Dorian, I have started the dowloads of those things I need and the ROM says: "SPH-D700-EC05-8gb-REL.tar"...
    This is for a 8gb card or can I use it anyway in my 16gb card?, Aren't I gonna have any problems with it later?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android.net

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links