Samsung Epic 4G Pre-Orders

This is a discussion on Samsung Epic 4G Pre-Orders within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Any one plan on ordering the new Epic 4G?...

Thread: Samsung Epic 4G Pre-Orders

danDroid

Samsung Epic 4G Pre-Orders

Any one plan on ordering the new Epic 4G?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Talking Epic Pre-order

I will be pre-ordering my Epic 4G as soon as they give us the opportunity....I would like to atleast get a release date so I can figure out when I have to have that cash in my hands when Sprint opens their doors that morning....Waiting for Sprint and Samsung to reveal a release date and pre-order info is like waiting for Christmas morning presents when I was a little kid.....I can't take it anymore! ! !

Epic Pre-order

heck yes ima pre order this bad boy..i currently got the pre and was going to get the evo but decided to wait and get the epic..the qwerty just won me over

Count me in - thank Spring for not allowing me an early upgrade - or I would have probably gotten the EVO. I'm eligible on September 1 - and - don't take this the wrong way - hope that's when it drops.

I played with a vibrant the other day (t mobiles version of the galaxy s) and was very unimpressed. Aside from the fact that it just feels cheap from the plastic that they used and the lack of heft, that screen was unremarkable to say the least. Sure it's bright and vibrant (cwutididthar?), but it is also plagued with what we call in the A/V world the screen door effect. Basically what that means is that the spacing between the pixels is so great that you can see a grid and its very annoying. It makes text very bothersome to read and it makes little details seem blurry. I watched parts of Avatar and while the colors looked great, it was very choppy and almost unwatchable. Keep in mind I work in the A/V field so I look for things like this and while it may not be a dealbreaker for the general masses, it most certainly is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    I played with a vibrant the other day (t mobiles version of the galaxy s) and was very unimpressed. Aside from the fact that it just feels cheap from the plastic that they used and the lack of heft, that screen was unremarkable to say the least. Sure it's bright and vibrant (cwutididthar?), but it is also plagued with what we call in the A/V world the screen door effect. Basically what that means is that the spacing between the pixels is so great that you can see a grid and its very annoying. It makes text very bothersome to read and it makes little details seem blurry. I watched parts of Avatar and while the colors looked great, it was very choppy and almost unwatchable. Keep in mind I work in the A/V field so I look for things like this and while it may not be a dealbreaker for the general masses, it most certainly is for me.
    Question - since you have an EVO - how does the Video Quality compare?

TIA

Question - since you have an EVO - how does the Video Quality compare?
    I'm not really sure. I don't have any good videos on my Evo so I really have nothing to base a comparison on. All I have is a crappy 300mb copy of War of the Worlds that looks horrible and is filled with compression artifacts.

I too am gonna run up to test the galaxy. I have several movies on my evo right now and it obviously depends on the quality of the file you load but they look great. The ones i have that look great also take up about a gig of space. The other ones i have that are not so great, the file space is closer to 500meg's

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links