Anyone picking up an Epic 4G today?

This is a discussion on Anyone picking up an Epic 4G today? within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Anyone happen to pick up an Epic 4G today? On my lunch break, I plan on heading down to the Sprint store to check 'em ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone picking up an Epic 4G today?

danDroid

Anyone picking up an Epic 4G today?

Anyone happen to pick up an Epic 4G today? On my lunch break, I plan on heading down to the Sprint store to check 'em out!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

As happy as i am with my Evo right now there's no way i would switch. The Epic does look like a nice phone and my doughter is begging for it because of the slide out keyboard (not the only reason). She is 10 though so not sure about that one. Being the kind of person i am, i cant wait to go down and get my hands on one.

picked one up this morning

Quote Originally Posted by kv36 View Post
    picked one up this morning
    kv i know its early but what are your first impressions?

I have an Evo and got this for the wife, Didn't get much time to play with it, I know I should not be comparing it to my EVO but can't help it.
    1) I like Sense UI better than Samnung UI
    2) the Screen is much brighter and better on EPIC.
    3) Battery seems to last much longer on EPIC, it was at 75% charged when I got this and by 11:00 PM it was around 68% which is good considering that she spent a lot of time playing with it and adding all her emails accounts, facebook etc, EVo goes down to like 40% by 11 PM.

I will add more later.

I was wondering how that super amoled would help battery life. Kv i'm not sure how much you have messed around with replacement home launchers but if you're not happy with the Ui on the Epic, LauncherPro and ADW.Launcher are some great alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by jak89 View Post
    I was wondering how that super amoled would help battery life. Kv i'm not sure how much you have messed around with replacement home launchers but if you're not happy with the Ui on the Epic, LauncherPro and ADW.Launcher are some great alternatives.
    jak quick question....im a noob so sorry if this is a stupid question. i was thinking of checking out launcher pro. once i download launcher pro, can i like switch back and forth between sense ui and launcher whenever i feel like? how does it work exactly?

Vinny, we were all new at one point and i'm here to help any way i can. Answer is yes, every time you want to change home's all you do is tap the home key. This will give you the option of which you want to use. Once you are sure of the one you want to keep you can set it as your default. Right now i have SenceUi, LauncherPro, and ADW.Launcher that i rotate.

Granted i have an Evo so the process may vary slightly but the results should be the same. Easy to change and go back.

Thanks for the info jak. Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyC420 View Post
    Thanks for the info jak. Very helpful.
    Very welcome Now once you have messed around with replacement launchers and you want to pick on. Set as default then pick your launcher and if you later change your mind you can clear that default at that time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links