Help! Need a case for my Epic!

This is a discussion on Help! Need a case for my Epic! within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Any recommendations?...

Thread: Help! Need a case for my Epic!

Help! Need a case for my Epic!

Any recommendations?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

hard plastic case(black) from sprint works perfect and feels great in your hand very solid plastic and protection as well.

Ebay $5-$15, all different designs

Nice case/holster combos from Sedio

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin228 View Post
    Nice case/holster combos from Sedio
    I have to agree with this. I purchased a Seidio Active X case/holster combo in the Sage c,olor for $70 after shipping. It is a very nice case. I haven't droppped it yet but judging from how tightly it fits on the phone it should stay on rather well if dropped. The holster takes a little getting used to cuz I had used the bodyglove case on the blackberry for years and I got used to pushing the button on the bottom of the clip. But after I got used to it, it became second nature.

The one complint I have about it is that the rubber material that covers the back of the phone is rather pliable. For example it will occasionally peel back slighty when my fiinger catches the edge. Like right now as I'm typing w/ the keyboard I can easily peel it back with my thumbs where ever the edge of the rubber is exposed (whih is 3/4 of the perimeter). This is a very minor issue in my mind. I'm just concerned that if it gets firmly snagged on something somehow that it will tear.

Another good case manufacturer is bodyglove (Body Glove | Home I think). As I mentioned above, I had one for my blackberry. Let me tell you what, that thing was practically bullet proof! I purposefully dropped it and threw it around to prove it to my family (who all went and got bodyglove cases for their phones).

I had a few issues with it tho:
    -the rubber-like material that covered the rigid plastic shell started peeling off after 8mo or so
    -it popped off the clip occasionally when I got it/out of my car (not so with the seidio, it stays on my belt no problem)
    -the case came unclipped and split open occasionally when it fell just right onto a hard surface like (like concrete)
    -the rigid plastic screen protector scratched REALLY easily, much easier than the screen. So after a year or so it was kind on hard to see thru. (Thi obviously won't. Be a problem for a touch screen phone because a rigid screen protector is impossible.)

The above mentioned flaws of the bodyglove case were enough for me to decide to spend the extra money and try the seidio case.

Overall, I am very pleased with my Seidio Axtive X case. I do not recommend getting the Surface line of cases from seidio as I've read quite a few bad reviews of them.

Wrapping up, I've also heard good things about Otterbox cases but I've never owned one.

Rigid plastics (black) sprint works perfectly and feels good in hand with a very solid plastic and protection.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links