Picking up Epic today.

This is a discussion on Picking up Epic today. within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi, i've been browsing the different topics, and am starting to get a little afraid i'm gonna be way over my head with this phone. ...

Thread: Picking up Epic today.

Junior Member justsmith@sbcglobal.net's Avatar

Picking up Epic today.

Hi, i've been browsing the different topics, and am starting to get a little afraid i'm gonna be way over my head with this phone.

Any suggestions onUTube video's, or something like that, which will give me a good head start on the phone? I've seen the reviews, but something more instructional.
    Also, so basic "must Have" application advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million!

joe

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

danDroid
    Welcome to the forum Joe! The Epic is one awesome device, you'll going to love it!

Check out Metalhead's post here for some good apps to pick up: http://www.sprintdroids.com/forum/sp...have-apps.html

Be sure to post if you have any other questions, we'll do our best to get you going!

Don't try to do too much at once. Tackle one feature at a time and don't even think about anything else until you've gotten it down. Start with the phone itself, and the contact list. Make sure you know how to find people, add contacts for people that call you, access voicemail, etc. Make sure you know how to answer the phone (on some phones that's harder than you think LOL) put it on speakerphone, send calls to voicemail.

Once you've mastered that, then move on to text messaging, picture messaging, etc.

Eventually you will learn it all but you won't be overwhelmed.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

Thanks, a real quick question. I just got home and am screwing around with the phone. Too tired to read manual, but i will. When I was reseaching the phone the one thing every reviewer said was 'AMAZING SMUDGE FREE SCREEN! the sprint people told me i really should put on a transparent protector, which I did. I opted for the light one. Now it isn't nearly nice a screen, and smudges. Is this really necessary? Does it scratch easy?
    thanks you guys!
    joe

It doesn't scratch EASILY. There are videos showing how you cannot scratch the screens with keys, knives, screwdrivers, etc., which is true. These things are all softer than the tempered glass. However there ARE things that will scratch the screen.

I have a screen protector on mine, and it smudges. But I think the EVO's screen smudges anyway. I just wipe it off on my pants or shirt, not worrying about scratching it, because it's only a screen protector.

I would suggest if the smudging bothers you, try different screen protectors, and if it still bothers you, try it without anything. If you're careful, and/or you have the insurance, you should be ok.

Funny story: I used to have the zig-zag unlock code programmed into my phone. When the phone was off, I could see the pattern that I would draw to unlock the phone in the smudges on the screen. I said to myself "how secure is that?" and since it was a pain to do every time, I disabled it.

thanks!

Thanks for the reply!! I really do appreciate it. I download about a dozen
    apps tonight, couldn't figure out how the hell to use them, and now have a migraine. Question....are there any apps that come with phone that you definitely do not need? I'd love to dump gmail, but I guess I can't. I use yahoo, but from what I understand I should keep gmail on there. I was looking for a good free music, and tv download, and read the tips on this forum, but either was unable to do it, or it cost money.

thanks again!!

joe

P.S Want to buy a nice shiny black LG lotus Elite? Hell, I'll throw in a first generation instinct too.

You can't "uninstall" any apps unless you root the phone.

I got a gmail account just to purchase apps but I don't use it for anything else. You can add accounts to the email app and set them to download manually or automatically.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links