texting error

This is a discussion on texting error within the Samsung Epic 4G forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; This is so ridiculous! My husband is having the same problems texting me. I guess I'll let him know about the 3rd party SMS thing, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: texting error

This is so ridiculous! My husband is having the same problems texting me. I guess I'll let him know about the 3rd party SMS thing, or maybe just have him do a reset..how do you save contacts to a PC and then transfer back?

To save my contacts, calendars, etc., I backup to my gmail account using the built-in gmail sync functions. Then, after you reset your phone, you can sync back to the gmail account, and all will be back.

Unfortunately, these is no easy way to backup any downloaded or purchased applications. That's why I opted for the 3rd party SMS (handcent) because it kept me from having to reset all my defaults, re-download all of the apps I am using, etc. Also, it ensures that it won't happen again! Resetting your phone to factory defaults is a royal pain!

Cheers,
    Tom

Thank you Tom. I look into that Handcent 3rd party SMS and see what I can find. I'll let my husband know. He doesn't use a lot of apps and he's only had the phone a couple of weeks. It might be easier to just backup and reset b/c he wouldn't have to do anything extra. I think he could fix the contacts in his old phone and actually go to the Sprint store and have them reset it and then move his contacts for him.

Quote Originally Posted by momozinho View Post
    To save my contacts, calendars, etc., I backup to my gmail account using the built-in gmail sync functions. Then, after you reset your phone, you can sync back to the gmail account, and all will be back.

Unfortunately, these is no easy way to backup any downloaded or purchased applications. That's why I opted for the 3rd party SMS (handcent) because it kept me from having to reset all my defaults, re-download all of the apps I am using, etc. Also, it ensures that it won't happen again! Resetting your phone to factory defaults is a royal pain!

Cheers,
    Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links