This is doing my head in - Google Calendar problem - it;s missing

This is a discussion on This is doing my head in - Google Calendar problem - it;s missing within the Samsung Galaxy Ace forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi.....Just bought a Galaxy Ace and since I already have a Galaxy Tab 2 I presumed I would be able to work my way around ...

Thread: This is doing my head in - Google Calendar problem - it;s missing

Angry This is doing my head in - Google Calendar problem - it;s missing

Hi.....Just bought a Galaxy Ace and since I already have a Galaxy Tab 2 I presumed I would be able to work my way around my first ever smart phone.

Hmmmm

Now , on my Tab I have my Google account already loaded and locked so i can access Google play store for e.g and download Apps and everything.

However when I try to do the same with my new phone it asks me to Log in first , ok no problem with that but it then says can't do it as I don't have Google calendar installed , there is a calendar icon but not the Google one , I have tried to download it from a site which i found using computer and navigated to same site using phone , but it hasn't worked as no files appeared to have downloaded , obviously the Android version is only 2.3.6

So does anyone have any idea how to get my phone to accept my Google username and password (which are correct as it tells me when i have inputted the wrong letter for e.g)

Any help much appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

How are you adding your Google account info?

Settings > Accounts?

Hi ... I have tried various methods , going straight to Play shop , also settings then Accounts and sync settings.

Same result , when i put my details in it says ' you don't have google calendar installed please contact your administrator of Ntlworld.com

Would I be correct in assuming you are a Virgin Mobile customer?

Is your Google account an NTLWorld account using Google Apps? A Google Apps account looks just like a Google account but usually has a different domain name like @ntlworld.com or similar.

Hi

Yes I'm with Virgin , my Google account is my email address , this is what I have registered with my Galaxy Tab with no problem , to be honest on my PC where I first signed up for the Google account it was through Google and had nothing to do with Apps , but it's the same as I said that i logged onto with my tablet which I can access anything googly , it's this Calendar thing that is getting me , I have no idea now if the calendar on my phone is the Google calendar or not.

The password and username is recognised because i don't get any other errors but the calendar one.

Is my best option to try to sign up as a new customer ?
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 04-06-2013 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Removed poster's personal email address

It seems like you are not the only one with this issue for this phone. For the sake of trying, create a regular Google account and see if it works. I am not really familiar with the phone, but it might be worth a try.

will do thnx

Just a quick update Grenefroggie , had to create a brand new account on my phone , not happy really as it would only do so if I took out a new Gmail email address , BUT (nothing simple) if I go to my account on the PC and try to access Gmail it says it can't because I already have a google account on my PC.

I can't believe that in the year of our lord 2013 these companies can not get something so flaming simple right , if they can't they shouldn't be selling there goods for 100's of pounds and dollars.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links