Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace Hands-on Review

This is a discussion on Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace Hands-on Review within the Samsung Galaxy Ace forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Mobile World Congress, BARCELONA, Spain - The Samsung Galaxy Ace was presented to PhoneRPT in a hands-on demo by two reps of the company's reps, ...

Thread: Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace Hands-on Review

Twitter
    wwickedd

Samsung S5830 Galaxy Ace Hands-on Review

Mobile World Congress, BARCELONA, Spain - The Samsung Galaxy Ace was presented to PhoneRPT in a hands-on demo by two reps of the company's reps, at the MWC. The new smartphone isn't as greatly featured as the new flagship Samsung Galaxy S II, even though it could very well become a best-seller faster than the advanced version, owing to its accessible price point.

There's absolutely no doubt that the handset features a winning design, betting once again on the glossy outlook, but this time succeeding at it, with chrome-like buttons, ear-speaker, logo and even side margins.

The lower price point is achieved by equipping the Ace with a Qualcomm 800MHz processor and a 5 megapixel camera, not bad highlights at all, especially if the cost is calculated appropriately by the network operator who will retail it.
    For now, the handset will run on Google Android 2.2 Froyo, but it will most probably be upgradable to Gingerbread, as it is quite recent to the market.

It is the only phone in the new Galaxy mid-range family that has a flashlight, that can be used as an LED flash as well, for the camera.
    Its display measures 3.5" diagonally, with a resolution of 320x480 pixels - the latter could have been improved for such a large touchscreen.
    The battery provides a generous 1350mAh in capacity, enough to power it for up to 11 hours of GSM talk time.
    In the live demonstration, the Samsung S5830 certainly impressed us when it comes to the design, and its weight contributed to that, with only 113g pressing on the user's hand.

PhoneReport

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Its my dream phone i like to owe this phone.

This is what I have

Clearly not a review by a user. Was it even turned on?? I have had a lot of trouble getting normal functions to work.
    The battery runs down completely in a couple of hours with the gps turned on.
    The earphones are terrible, just discard them and pay for some better ones. They would not fit in my ears and do not have soft rubbers.
    I cannot get the remote calling to work with the handset. I can hear the call with the earphones plugged in, but the speaker is disabled!
    Hard to change the default screen. Cannot tell the time without unlocking the phone with a swipe.
    Cannot get the phone to auto-answer with the headphones. So much for hands free.
    Kies software for windows 7 is completely useless with theUSBb cord. Could not get a connection. Others suggest Odin instead.
    Needs a file manager.
    Could use bluetooth to connect instead of USB.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links