Can't Send and Open MMS Using My Samsung Galaxy Ace

This is a discussion on Can't Send and Open MMS Using My Samsung Galaxy Ace within the Samsung Galaxy Ace forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hello Squirrel_pigeon, Did you need to alter any default settings in Handcent for the 3G icon to appear automatically? Because what you just described is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't Send and Open MMS Using My Samsung Galaxy Ace

Hello Squirrel_pigeon,

Did you need to alter any default settings in Handcent for the 3G icon to appear automatically? Because what you just described is exactly what I need to be able to do on our Galaxy Ace.

Did Handcent automatically drop the data connection once the MMS has finished sending?

I downloaded Handcent this evening after reading your previous posts, but when sending an MMS using Handcent, the message just sat with the circle going round with no data connection starting.

Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Looking at my network settings, it seems that packet data is turned on although the icon does not appear unless I am actually using the data service. I thought the phone was doing it automatically but maybe not?

As far as I am aware, the phone is only connecting to the 3G network when the icon appears and the arrows start flashing - certainly my data usage doesn't suggest that it's permanently connected as you say your wife's phone is.

Going to have a play and see what other settings I have enabled. There must be something I'm doing differently to you.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Android.net

Right - to send an MMS and have it go through, I need to have packet data enabled. The phone isn't sophisticated enough to do what your Desire does and turn data on automatically - it seems that you can select either 2G or data networks manually but the phone won't do it for you. The only exception seems to be if I am using wifi and try to send an MMS. At that point the data network kicks in automatically. It seems to be able to override the wifi selection but not the 2G selection.

All I can suggest is that your wife turns on packet data when she wants to send an MMS and then turns it back off when she's done if she doesn't want to leave it connected all the time. When someone sends her a message she will still receive a message saying that there is something to download and then she can turn the data on to receive it.

Seems to be a bit of a faff but it sounds like she has a different issue to me. Using the stock messaging app I was unable to send or receive any MMS no matter what my settings were.

Thanks for that tip. I finally can download pics after 9 months of endless calls and visits to O2 shop.
    They take a while to both send and recieve (about 2 mins) but you're right, it turns the roaming on and off automatically.
    Really appreciate your help m8.
    Last edited by wjones; 02-13-2012 at 03:47 PM.

I did as Squirrel said and it finally worked. It does take about 2 min for the pic to downlaod and send but it works. It also seems to automatically turn the 3G on and off when it needs it.
    Hope it works for you too.

Glad it worked for you!

The Galaxy Ace Android v. 2.3.4- I is unable to send MMS, even when packet data is turned onusing wi-fi or 'data' As well, packet data turns itself on when I set it to off, [I turn it off to stop it from using data charges], even when connected to wi-fi. Either way, on or off, it will not send mms, nor will it send to email addresses. Smartphone may be a bit premature a name for this shiny, but sloppy-functional machine. I am able to surf the web, but packet data needs to be turned ON when using the data connection. that makes sense, but I lose control when the Galaxy turns packet data on by itself, perhaps it does so when 'searching for a connection, and defaulting to 'data' as no wifi is available. When using wi-fi, usually it does not have to have packet data on. Techs have been often polite, but usually ill-advised in their answers.. One tech told a friend that data charges will be incurred when using wi-fi, duh! Another said you can't send mms messages without using data. Also incorrect. The manual is lacking in real info.. A real disappointment, I will be going back to a dumb phone if these issues are unresolved. As well, how can I tell if it is using 'data', maybe it is the network icon, H(SPA) where I am connected, I guess. It makes me wonder if this particular phone that I have is 'messed up', and unplugging the battery, resetting it has had no effect on these results.
    Last edited by boscotuber; 02-19-2012 at 03:07 PM.

The stock messaging app is buggy. Try using another messaging app. Handcent works for me and it's worked for other people too.

Why can't I send MMS texts ?

I can't send MMS messages even though my 3G is switched on. I don't know what's going on and I have to send this message ASAP! I am told that I have free SMSes and MMSes before i bought this plan. Please give me details on what I should do to my phone in order to send MultiMedia Messages. Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ads