Loss connection WIFI

This is a discussion on Loss connection WIFI within the Samsung Galaxy Ace forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi I have been searching in the forum for a similar problem but I have not found an answer, so I have decided to create ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loss connection WIFI

Loss connection WIFI

Hi

I have been searching in the forum for a similar problem but I have not found an answer, so I have decided to create a new post cuz I need to fix my problem as soon as possible.

I can not connect to my home WIFI with my Samsung Galaxy Ace. I have tested with WPA/WEP even without password but still the same problem.

I have changed my Android version and now I have 2.3.4.

I think the problem is in my router cuz I have connected my phone to other Wireless with WPA without problems, but with mine, I only can connect once when I reboot my router. Once I have connected, it works perfectly, but the next day, it is impossible to connect again. It remembers the wlan but it is always connecting and disconnecting, it says that the wlan is out of range and the phone is placed close to the router. It is weird.

I have read something in Internet about problems with the router mode. The b/g/n, but I have tried to put in B only and still not working. Although, i have not tried any other.

I tried the WIFI Fixer app and it did not make any progress.

Any recommendation?

I hope someone can help me, cuz this mobile without WIFI is useless.

Thank you.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm having the same exact issue with the G2x, along with my HD streaming media player, PS3 and i7 Win 7 PC; so that tells me it's not an issue with the hardware or the various Operating Systems running these machines.

The problem is that we're still stuck with the same issue: 99% of all wireless networks run on the same old 2.4ghz they did ten years ago. The only difference is that we can now easily transmit at least 300 meters, which means that there is a lot more traffic trying to compete with your wifi network for the same tiny sliver of bandwidth frequency. If your signal strength dips, all the routers in your building or neighborhood are ready to pounce on that same tiny bit of frequency, and your router goes to the back of the line and starts looking for another few Hz to grab. If it can't grab a foothold quickly enough, your device loses it's connection.

After a few hours of reading blogs and Wikipedia, I learned about the mechanics of WiFi networks and tried a few unsuccessful recommendations before I hit the jackpot. Search "free" or "open DNS servers". Most folks use whatever default DNS address their ISP company provides. So more than likely, several WiFi networks close enough to your's are all fighting for the same DNS address(es). I manually reprogrammed my router and every other piece of hardware in my home network to use 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 as my default DNS addresses and haven't had a single dropped signal ever since.

There are several free DNS server addresses you can choose from,but 4.2.2.2 is easiest to remember. Your average consumer doesn't take the time to research this issue, so they, as I did previously, blame their hardware or ISP for these dropped connections. Sometimes it really is a hardware malfunction, so they either call tech support or return the device as defective. Before doing a hard boot, call tech support or return the device, try the free-DNS addresses. It worked for me, and seems like it fixed the problem for good.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Android.net

The problem is usually in the setup of your wifi router. A lot of wifi routers only allow so many devices to connect to them when your using encryption. It helps block people of gaining access to your network. I know your thinking but it's encrypted. I won't get into the details but trust me it can happen. Anyway, browse through your routers settings, find how many devices it can allow. Frequency has nothing to do with this and I have 4 wifi routers running. 1 with only b band because that's all it can do. 1 with b,g,n at 2.4ghz, 1 with b,g band and new b,g,n with 2.4 and 5 ghz. I love the dual band.

I have tested with the all possible bands, b,g, both... and still the same problem... I think that the router is the problem... I have to check my router with other ACE, but even with the reboot configuration doesn't work.

I will try to search what is the maximun of devices connected, but now I only have my laptop and doesn't work, and even if my laptop turned off, still not working

I didn't try with the DNS server, I didn't have so much time. I will try to call to my phone company in order to change my router and if I can't reach that, I will try with the DNS.

Thank you

Just a thought

Picking up on the line of thought begerman laid out...but simpler. Could there be another device that is sharing the same 2.4 ghz frequency? A cordless phone or wireless surveillance cameras will interfere if they are on the same frequency and would cause the type of disruption that you have described.

That's possible. You may have to reset router and introduce all your devices from a fresh install.

I have done that, and then I can connect, but when I try to connect the next day it is impossible, I have the same problem again

Then your router is probably not compatible with your phone. You need to see if there is a driver update on your phone manufacturer's website. Have you tried contacting Samsung?
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 07-22-2011 at 02:25 PM.

No, I haven't, but how is possible that my phone is not compatible with my router? this is very strange :S

Without having the driver software designed for your phone it's easy. Just because your phone and router both use 802.11 b,g does not mean they will work together.

Without getting into a lengthy post about how wifi works and why one device works or not; it's just easier and less of a headache to contact Samsung ask them if there is something your missing or if there's a driver update for the Galaxy Ace for your particular router.

You can also contact your wifi router manufacturer and ask them these same questions.

Update: have you tried using wpa with tkip? And is your packet data turned off when your connecting the wifi?
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 07-22-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links