Galaxy Ace Internal Storage Full Issue

This is a discussion on Galaxy Ace Internal Storage Full Issue within the Samsung Galaxy Ace forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi All, I'm completely new to Android & smartphones in general - I've always just used what my employer has provided. I have had a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Ace Internal Storage Full Issue

Galaxy Ace Internal Storage Full Issue

Hi All,

I'm completely new to Android & smartphones in general - I've always just used what my employer has provided. I have had a Galaxy Ace GT-S5830 for a week (Android 2.2). I have downloaded 2 apps from the Android Market, one a fairly large aviation GPS app (AirspaceAvoid). I have successfully moved these to the SD card and they work fine. The problem is that the internal storage is now full so that I can't receive any SMS, download any other apps, or do anything useful.

My guess is that when I moved the apps to the SD card it didn't clean out internal storage properly, but I have no idea how to do this. I would be happy to delete some of the preinstalled apps, but it's not obvious what can be removed safely - most don't have the 'uninstall' option available on the Settings/Applications/Manage Applications menu.

Anyone have any ideas? I have emailed & phoned Samsung support - still waiting for a call back!

Cheers!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum and android. You may need to delete any old SMS messages in your phone.

I'm allredy installed the aplication ont the SD-Card but the internal memory is running low
    did the installled aplication on the SD-CARD effect the internal memoires?

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    It depends on the app. Some have a tremendous impact, others don't. Dialer storage and stored SMS messages often take up a LOT of space you didn't expect them to.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I've tried all the previous suggestions and more than that and I still had this message
    I think its just an error and many people like me had the same one
    can any body Give a help??

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    My suggestion is to clear your dialer storage. Back up any important SMS/MMS messages you have and make sure you have all the numbers from the call log you want in your contacts and do it. It'll wipe everything out. Then restore your texts and picture messages with the app you backed them up with and see if it helps.

You may need to do a factory reset, though, so this is the least-intrusive option available.

the warning msg doesnt go away untill I delete some apps however
    in my internal storage there are 20MB free
    it doesn't make any scene.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Back up all your important data and do a factory reset. If that doesn't solve the issue contact Samsung and see if it's a known issue and if they have a fix -- or seek a warranty replacement phone if you still have warranty coverage.

I have a similar problem.
    I can't receive messages and all my notifications fail to tell me what they are notifying me about because apparently the message memory is full. After my phone repeatedly tells me this, I think maybe I should just delete some conversations. (oh and my phone says I have low storage space). I end up deleting all my conversations, quite a few pictures from the gallery, a few apps and a few songs. Still it says low storage space and I can't receive notifications/SMS but I now have less things stored in my phone then before when it still allowed me too receive notifications/SMS and the available storage soace hasn't increased. This problem is quite annoying and I am in desperate need of some help, so, please help!!!

Help! I can't receive messages and all my notifications fail to tell me what they are notifying me about because apparently the message memory is full. After my phone repeatedly tells me this, I think maybe I should just delete some conversations. (oh and my phone says I have low storage space). I end up deleting all my conversations, quite a few pictures from the gallery, a few apps and a few songs. Still it says low storage space and I can't receive notifications/SMS but I now have less things stored in my phone then before when it still allowed me too receive notifications/SMS and the available storage soace hasn't increased. I have put in a 32GB card, it says I have used 114MB only?? This problem is quite annoying and I am in desperate need of some help, so, please help!!!
    Last edited by Butterfly64; 05-16-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links