Hands Free Phone Calls Not Sending Voice

This is a discussion on Hands Free Phone Calls Not Sending Voice within the Samsung Galaxy Ace forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; If I plug in the (awful) supplied earplugs, it appears to work well for music and FM radio, but not for phone calls. The call ...

Thread: Hands Free Phone Calls Not Sending Voice

New Zealand

Angry Hands Free Phone Calls Not Sending Voice

If I plug in the (awful) supplied earplugs, it appears to work well for music and FM radio, but not for phone calls.
    The call rings so that I can swipe the green phone icon to answer it, when I hear the caller.

But the caller cannot hear me. So what use is the headset? The phone mike is disabled too.

I bought another better headset with soft earpieces but it has no microphone (which is OK, when a call comes I can use the normal phone mic
    if I get the phone out of my pocket.

I have bought third even better headset (Logitech 300vi) with a built-in microphone with the same result for phone calls.

I note that the microphone is working because I can hear my own voice in the earpieces, but the caller on the other phone cannot.

The manual (ha!) suggests that it should work. I have looked for settings and the only ones that look relevant are the three buttons
    on the call screen: [headset] [mute] [speaker] . But these are for output only and the headset button is diabled. Apparently only
    for bluetooth headsets. I will try that in a minute.

There is also no way apparently to auto answer the phone like my Nokia E63. A better phone that I had realised....
    I see that I can press the mic button under my chin, but why do I need to press anything?

Has anyone else got handsfree calling to work?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

When you connect the headset to the phone, you must press the button on the headset lead to answer (press and hold to reject the call).

If you use the touchscreen as you describe, it will not operate using the headset.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links