[Guide] How to Increase Internal Memory Galaxy Ace (2-11-2013)

This is a discussion on [Guide] How to Increase Internal Memory Galaxy Ace (2-11-2013) within the Samsung Galaxy Ace forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hello Galaxy Ace Users! This is a tutorial on how to Partition Your SD card Using CWM recovery or Mini Tool Partition and installing A2SD(INT2EXT) ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Amrao

Thread: [Guide] How to Increase Internal Memory Galaxy Ace (2-11-2013)

[Guide] How to Increase Internal Memory Galaxy Ace (2-11-2013)

Hello Galaxy Ace Users!

This is a tutorial on how to Partition Your SD card Using CWM recovery or Mini Tool Partition and installing A2SD(INT2EXT) for increasing Internal Memory of your device. All credits goes to the orignal creaters and developers. I am just sharing their work for most of them who are not capable of doing it with an easy way.

Your device must be rooted and CWM should be installed. Steps to follow.

Procedure 1.

Please following the procedure carefully and exactly to avoid any inconvenience

1. First you have to download Mini Tool Partition Wizard Manager. You can download it in the link above... download it and install it on PC.

2. Insert your SD card to a card reader and open it on your computer.(not via USB cable)

3. Back up all your files to the computer because partitioning will wipe your data.

4. Open Mini Tool in your computer. Locate your SD card (be careful in choosing and make sure not to choose the drive of your computer)

5. Right click and choose Delete.

6. Right click on it again and choose Create New. Create “FAT32″ partition (This is where all your media files will go. Be sure to make it bigger than the 2nd part)

7. Select “Create as: PRIMARY”

8. Next, create an ext2/ext3/ext4 partition (I suggest ext2 cause it works on all roms and kernels). This is where your apps will go. I suggest a value of 512Mb would be big enough but its ur choice...

9. Select “Create As: PRIMARY” (make sure that it is both set to primary because it will not work if it is not set to primary)

10. Click the “Apply” button on the top left corner and wait for it to finish the process. Done.

11. Put back your SD card to your phone and switch it on.

Procedure 2

You can partition the sd card using CWM recovery.

Be sure to backup your data as in the partition the sd card is formatted.

1. Go to CWM recovery using Home+Power on at the same time
    2. Scrolling through your volume ke up and down select advance
    3. Select Partition SD Card
    4. After selecting partition sd card the first thing you will see is the option to select the size of the partition that you want to make (generally select 512 Mb you can install ton of apps).
    5. Next will be the swap size. This is optional. (Keep it 0 if you don't want swap) Dont ask me what is swap google it
    6. Wait till it completes. After selecting these options your sd card will be formatted with 512 Mb SD extention.

After Creating SD extintintion using one of the above Procedure. The next step is installing A2SD or Int2Ext.

1. You will need SD ext which you have already created
    2. Your Rom Supports Ext 4 (DO NOT WORKS ON OFFICAL STOCK ROMS ONLY CUSTOM STOCK ROMS ROOTED)
    2. In System/etc I
    nt.d folder (In most custom Roms it is availble if not contact your rom developer this is mandatory)
    3. Copy the attached (extract it you will find file name
    40int2ext) file to System/etc/int.d folder Using Root Explorer change option from R/W to R/O for pasting and setting permissions
    4. Select option using Root explorer on pressing on the attached file that you pasted and select Permission
    4. In stock custom roms you have to check all the boxes e.g rwxrwxrwx or the simple way is to view other file already included in the INT.D folder and choose accordingly. The same procedure can be adopted for CM roms.
    5. After setting permission rebort your phone please wait as it will take time to load the necessary files to sd-ext.

Thats it hope it works. Please dont blame me if your phone bricks. Use it on your own risk. I can only laugh on you if any thing goes wrong.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CR6; 08-14-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    TheWizard likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Re: [Guide] How to Increase Internal Memory Galaxy Ace (11-03-2013)

I think this method we need higher class SD card. If we use lower class SD, phone will be slowdown.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDroid View Post
    I think this method we need higher class SD card. If we use lower class SD, phone will be slowdown.
    No may be lillte you can expect but i am using it depends on your cpu configration though you are true but slight effect that we can ignore as compare to gain more internal space

Thank you for this. It works great. I am a total noob and I was able to figure it out.

I am with the Wizard! If he says it is easy, then perhaps even I can do it. I am getting a 32Gb SD card at the weekend, then I will partition the pants off of it.

I am just a bit worried about rooting the phone. Is it easy, difficult or EEEEEEEK!!! ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolfold View Post
    I am with the Wizard! If he says it is easy, then perhaps even I can do it. I am getting a 32Gb SD card at the weekend, then I will partition the pants off of it.

I am just a bit worried about rooting the phone. Is it easy, difficult or EEEEEEEK!!! ?

Thanks.
    It wasn't that easy. It took me a long time to figure it out because I didn't know many of the basic processes involved. Rooting the phone is easy enough, but there is much more to do. Just follow the instructions properly and you'll be fine. Feel free to ask for help.

Thanks, Wizard. I will get the SD card then see how quickly I can destroy my phone.

I will get back to you and the other peeps on here if I run into a problem. I usually dislike emoticons, but this dancing 'droid is so good! I am getting sadder by the day.

I must do all Ext or only Ext2? And how I can run it on phone?

Hello pal. of

I register to this forum to give you my Thanks! This is totally working. i follow all the step and the internal is now incease.

i have concern. What if i remove the SDcard without Turning off or Changing another SDcard i have a hobby of it.

there have an effect to the phone if i do mention above?

thanks for your reply mate. And Thanks again

@Amrao when I start my phone in recovery mode there is no 'advanced' option. The only options I get are:
    reboot system nowapply update from sdcard
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    test redbend fota (whatever that is)
    I am using a samsung galaxy ace GT-S5830

Ads