GIO: Weird behaviour with WAP/GPRS

This is a discussion on GIO: Weird behaviour with WAP/GPRS within the Samsung Galaxy Gio forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hello everyone, I had a new GIO recently and, sometimes, I have to browse the web using gprs or wap instead of wifi. I am ...

Thread: GIO: Weird behaviour with WAP/GPRS

GIO: Weird behaviour with WAP/GPRS

Hello everyone, I had a new GIO recently and, sometimes, I have to browse the web using gprs or wap instead of wifi. I am encountering a very annoying problem: while any page is loading, if I put down the phone on its back on a flat surface (desk), the qwerty keyboard floating window and the history list start popping up and vanishing very quickly; if I touch the back button and try to go back to the page, the keyboard and history pop up again (as if I pressed the menu button). I have to wait until the page loads completely and only then I can get rid of the popping windows by pressing the back button and/or pressing power off for 2 seconds then 'back'. Very annoying. I was using the default browser... then, I installed opera mobile and chose not to to show the navigation and status bars from settings; same problem: while any page is loading, if I lay down the phone on a level surface or I rotate it to landscape view, the hidden navigation bar starts to flash very quickly on the edge of the screen; normally, the bar is shown manually by pressing the menu button; one way I found to stop the flashing behavior is to press the sleep/power button for two seconds to display the shutdown menu then to press 'back'.

As you can see, I had enough reasons to suspect an accelerometer problem; so I opened the calibration window from settings and I found out that, while the phone is lying down still on a level surface with no vibrations whatsoever, the blue ball does NOT stand still; the ball is well centered but when I look at it carefully I see it moving randomly within a +1mm radius circle. Shouldn't the ball be COMPLETELY still when the phone is on a level surface??? the ball slightly "trembles" all the time unless I put the phone vertically then it goes up and stands still.

Is this normal behavior on the GIO phone? Do you think it is related to the bar popping problem? My guess is that when the phone is on its back, the trembling ball is sending events in all directions and this is somehow interfering with the internet software. The weird thing is that the popping doesn't occur when I am connected to wifi, only when using wap or gprs (much slower connections)...

Well, I don't know... any clue or idea anyone??

Thanks

Robert

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I am facing the exact same issue and this is majorly hindering me to use this as my primary internet / email device.Any update on how to fix this issue?Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by r9reen View Post
    Hello everyone, I had a new GIO recently and, sometimes, I have to browse the web using gprs or wap instead of wifi. I am encountering a very annoying problem: while any page is loading, if I put down the phone on its back on a flat surface (desk), the qwerty keyboard floating window and the history list start popping up and vanishing very quickly; if I touch the back button and try to go back to the page, the keyboard and history pop up again (as if I pressed the menu button). I have to wait until the page loads completely and only then I can get rid of the popping windows by pressing the back button and/or pressing power off for 2 seconds then 'back'. Very annoying. I was using the default browser... then, I installed opera mobile and chose not to to show the navigation and status bars from settings; same problem: while any page is loading, if I lay down the phone on a level surface or I rotate it to landscape view, the hidden navigation bar starts to flash very quickly on the edge of the screen; normally, the bar is shown manually by pressing the menu button; one way I found to stop the flashing behavior is to press the sleep/power button for two seconds to display the shutdown menu then to press 'back'.As you can see, I had enough reasons to suspect an accelerometer problem; so I opened the calibration window from settings and I found out that, while the phone is lying down still on a level surface with no vibrations whatsoever, the blue ball does NOT stand still; the ball is well centered but when I look at it carefully I see it moving randomly within a +1mm radius circle. Shouldn't the ball be COMPLETELY still when the phone is on a level surface??? the ball slightly "trembles" all the time unless I put the phone vertically then it goes up and stands still.Is this normal behavior on the GIO phone? Do you think it is related to the bar popping problem? My guess is that when the phone is on its back, the trembling ball is sending events in all directions and this is somehow interfering with the internet software. The weird thing is that the popping doesn't occur when I am connected to wifi, only when using wap or gprs (much slower connections)...Well, I don't know... any clue or idea anyone??ThanksRobert

It sounds like the accelerometer is having a problem. I would contact Samsung.

I got the same problem and i need a solution otherwise phone is going back to the store. Love it so prefer to fix this

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Android.net

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links