Sudden Volume Spike During Call

This is a discussion on Sudden Volume Spike During Call within the Samsung Galaxy Mini forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi! Bought my Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 a couple of days ago. Everything's fine and I really love the phone. One thing surprises me though. Sometimes ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sudden Volume Spike During Call

Lightbulb Sudden Volume Spike During Call

Hi!

Bought my Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 a couple of days ago. Everything's fine and I really love the phone. One thing surprises me though. Sometimes when I'm in a call the volume "spikes" i.e. it gets really loud for ~250ms or so. I was first thinking I may accidentally touch the loudspeaker button with my ear or something. But I've tried manually reproducing this way, and it's not the same. Not at all. So, any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    If the problem persists for another day or two I'd take the phone back and get a replacement as it may be the hardware of your particular phone is flaky.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Ya if it does it on every call then it may be a hardware issue. If its only for certain callers then it could be a bad connection on your part or theirs.

I really appreciate your quick response guys. Too kind. Today I held a longer phone call, and I noticed that it's really a fact. Every now or then (approx. once per five minutes) the volume spikes or anyways a weird artifactisch sound presents itself. This sucks. Now, I thought that I could have had a bad piece of phone, so I considered returning it (I have two years warranty anyways). However, today I read this comment. See what the Indian guy (ganapati) claims as bug no. #3. I have a feeling that we're speaking about the same issue here. Therefor, it's perhaps not just me, but something with this phone model in particular. It would be awesome if any of you guys out there with Galaxy Mini (GT-S5570) could verify or deny this issue, or anything similar. Would really help. Also, I might add that I found one thing funny. A friend of mine with the same phone has this symbol "3G" when he's in the air, and I only got an "E", with slower connection speed. I know my GSM supplier supports 3G, not only EDGE, so I nozed around some. As it turns out, my SIM card is ~8 years old, and is 2G. I have checked my GSM supplier and they will send me a 3G SIM card for free; I will have it in a couple of days. Also, that friend of mine with the same phone had not experienced the sound issue. I can't help thinking to myself: perhaps it has something to do with bad backwards-compatibility with my 2G card. I.e. Samsung more/less assumes that everyone in the world has 3G SIM cards nowadays, so they've not put so much effort in making the phone work flawlessly with 2G. Am I all out in the blue here? I found this option "Only use 2G network (save battery)". As I have a 2G card anyways, I now ticked it. I will see if this makes any difference in regards of that ill-noise issue. I'll keep you guys updated, and please share reports if you have similar ill-noise issues with your S5570.

Cheers!

Got my 3G replacement card today.
    Problem with "volume spikes" remains.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Could be a hardware issue I suppose. Faulty speaker?

Replace the phone. Take it back ask for a different one and hopefully it won't have the same problem. Sounds like it could be the driver for your phone or a number of other issues. Safest bet is to just replace it like Droid xer and Furbearingmammal suggested.

Thanks for all your advice guys. I went to the place of purchase today. The girl behind the counter told me that I should grow balls and wait for the next software update. Me myself? Well, it's a hard knock life and I really don't know what to do. Some forums talk about an Android 2.3 release in the near future, so I may wait for that one and see if it -- in fact -- is a software/firmware issue. If not, I'll send it for service. Damn it, girl checked my order data and it was obviously 16(!) days since I bought it, she said that if it would have been <14 days (2 weeks) I could have gotten the phone replaced instantly, on spot. Damn!

Seriously?!! That's what she actually told you??? Do you have any other stores in your area? I would call customer service and make a huge stink about it.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Ya if that's what should said verbatim then I would complain to someone a over her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links