AT&T 4G LTE and WiFi Connected Simultaneously ... Mobile Data Wins

This is a discussion on AT&T 4G LTE and WiFi Connected Simultaneously ... Mobile Data Wins within the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Over the last month, my Galaxy Note 2's behavior has changed. In the past, my 4G LTE mobile data connection would turn off automatically when ...

Thread: AT&T 4G LTE and WiFi Connected Simultaneously ... Mobile Data Wins

AT&T 4G LTE and WiFi Connected Simultaneously ... Mobile Data Wins

Over the last month, my Galaxy Note 2's behavior has changed. In the past, my 4G LTE mobile data connection would turn off automatically when I would connect to a Wifi connection..

Now, both WiFi and the 4G LTE icons are present. Unfortunately, the mobile data connection supercedes the WiFi conmection. As a result, I have been using precious bandwidth. I thought I was using WiFi, but instead I ended up using more than 5GB this month, resulting in my data connection getting throttled. (I imagine that some 3G tier users are unknowingly being forced to buy an additional 1GB of this is happening to them.)

I believe this is the result of a software update of some kind. But I haven't been able to pinpoint the problem as of yet. AT&T, please investigate and resolve this issue.I have posted a YouTube video that demonstrates the problem:

Anyone else having this problem? Thanks!
    Last edited by ZeusManXero; 10-26-2013 at 06:20 PM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I hope I'm not necro-ing the thread quite yet as I'm having the same issue with my Note 2. Unfortunately I haven't found a good answer yet, but maybe I can rule anything out by sharing what I've done. I didn't have this problem up until a few months ago when I noticed my speed had been markedly throttled. When I checked on my data usage it was over 5GB, whoops. It had been fine for the first few months of owning the phone, then all of a sudden BAM- huge overdraw of data in October. I'm on AT&T's old unlimited plan, but I still scrambled to figure out what the heck was happening. I hit the forums and found some Verizon apps that were forcing data (not my issue on AT&T). AT&T's SmartWiFi also seemed to be a culprit, but enabling and disabling has not solved the issue. I called AT&T, shared what was going on, and the best answer I got was "Turn off your mobile data". That's just been my Band-Aid on a gushing data wound for the last two, almost three, months. When I'm at home or connected to reliable Wi-Fi I shut off my data (Settings--> Data Usage--> Mobile Data (uncheck it)). The downsides are: This doesn't fix the issue and is really annoying after a while, you can't receive multimedia texts or group texts unless you have mobile data enabled, and any visual voicemail apps also need mobile data to function- Wi-Fi isn't enough. I love my Note 2, but this is becoming a crippling issue quickly. I'm making another call to AT&T this Saturday to see if the phone can be replaced. Hopefully someone will find the answer or an update will fix the issue!

I apologize for not being more helpful, good luck _

I wouldn't count on an update being sent out to correct that issue - AT&T doesn't usually operate like that. Also, this forum has no connection to either Samsung or AT&T - we're a private forum run by android enthusiasts and staffed by volunteers like myself who patrol this and the other forums the company provides to offer assistance to people who have a problem that needs resolved.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links