Home screen widgets frozen although buttons work

This is a discussion on Home screen widgets frozen although buttons work within the Samsung Galaxy Note forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; In a previous question I asked why a digital clock widget froze every so often (there were no replies). This is now happening several times ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Tears_for_Fears

Thread: Home screen widgets frozen although buttons work

Home screen widgets frozen although buttons work

In a previous question I asked why a digital clock widget froze every so often (there were no replies). This is now happening several times a day but I now realise that ALL screen Widgets, on all screens freeze (except the analogue clock) - PhotoFrame keeps the same picture, the Music Player keeps the same album art and, while the Play/Pause button works, it does not change on the screen. This also happens with all other toggle buttons (Bluetooth, GPS, Silent etc), they work but their screen image remains the same. Notification icons change as usual.

Reinstalling the Widgets frees them up again as does restarting the phone but that is becoming a pain when you have to do it several times a day.

Any suggestions why this is happening and how to fix it.

Allan

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    What launcher are you using? Try going to Settings, Applications, find you launcher, force close it and clear its cache. You can also try another launcher.
    CR6 and Astrix like this.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

I am not using any launcher, just the standard Note interface.

I think however I may have found the problem - I found the most recent app I installed and uninstalled it and so far, only 12 hours, it has not happened again. I will see how it goes for the rest of the day, but looking good so far.

The app involved was Power Control Plus. It appeared to be a bit erratic in its functionality (sometimes some options did not work) so I became a bit suspicious. I wanted a single 'on sceen' button to turn the WiFi hotspot on and off and this did the job but is apparently conflicting with the phone or some other app. Do you know any other app that will toggle the WiFi hotspot?

Allan

You know that little planet in Solar System? The one with lots of water in it? Yeah, that's the one!
    Your stock interface is also a launcher. If the issue persists, go to settings, applications, find "TwLauncher" or "TouchWiz Home" depending on the OS version you're using. Then force close it and clear its cache.

For power toggles, this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.painless.pc app should do the job. It can use over 40 toggles and is one of the most popular and reliable.
    Tears for Fears
    Warning! All outlaws will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

~~~ Guidelines of Conduct ~~~
    The rest of you, have a nice day.

Looks like Power Control Plus was the culprit - I have not had any problems since I uninstalled it.

I will give your suggested replacemnet a try.

Thanks for your help!

Allan

Well I have installed Power Toggles again. I had installed it before Power Contol Plus but found it very difficult to configure so gave up and installed Power Contol Plus instead (and ran into the freezing issues). I uninstalled it at the same time as Power Contol Plus.

I did not register from your link that I had already tried it before but I decided to give it another try, so I have installed it again. It does not seem any easier to configure the second time around! I managed to add Hotspot to the bar but can't see where to delete the ones I don't want. How do I delete all the other toggles as I really only want this one on my main screen?

Allan
    Last edited by alches; 04-16-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Try Power Widget lite, it has 7 spots and is very simple to setup and modify.

Thanks for the suggestion - I may try it also although I have worked out how to delete things - a little conveluted. Power Toggles seems to work OK but I think the design of things could be imporved. It seems the only way to put the controls on the screen is in a bar that is the full width of the screen - whether you have one toggle of 10! They are a bit small too.

I will try Power Widget and see how it compares.

Thanks.

Allan

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links