S-Planner Reminder not for some tasks

This is a discussion on S-Planner Reminder not for some tasks within the Samsung Galaxy Note forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi, If this problem has been discussed and addressed, please refer me to the relevant thread. I have a Galaxy Note I for quite some ...

Thread: S-Planner Reminder not for some tasks

S-Planner Reminder not for some tasks

Hi, If this problem has been discussed and addressed, please refer me to the relevant thread. I have a Galaxy Note I for quite some times (Model GT-N7000 running Android 4.0.3 Build Number IML74K.ZSLPF) and I am now having problems with S-Planner's task reminder not firing consistently. Some task's reminder does not fire. If I change the reminder of the task that just missed the time to a new time (some few minutes from the change) and save. Its reminder then works. But when the original reminder was set some weeks or months ago, the reminder does not fire. The problem is that I don't know which one will fire or which one will not. The reliability is a major issue to trust this app anymore. Does anyone know any remedy for this other than using a different app? Thanks. Noel

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

I would try clearing the app cache.

Settings > Device > Apps > All

Scroll down until you find the app. Open it and clear the cache.

Does S-Planner connect to your Google account, or does it use a Samsung account?

Quote Originally Posted by grenefroggie View Post
    I would try clearing the app cache. Settings > Device > Apps > All Scroll down until you find the app. Open it and clear the cache. Does S-Planner connect to your Google account, or does it use a Samsung account?
    Well I have a GMail created by force otherwise I can't use the phone. This account brand-new is neither use or containing any contact or calendar information. I do not have a Samsung account either. I also turn off all sync to the GMail account or Skype account. For all intents and purpose, this S-Planner and my Note is being set up much like my internet capable laptop. While the Note can make phone call using the SIM card, I do not have any data plan and 'Mobile Data' is off. All access to Internet is via WiFi or my mobile broadband modem when I am away from home. I am just looking at the place you refer me to to clear the Cache data for S-Planner. It is currently greyed out showing 0.00B. The data storage for this app is showing 12.0KB. The version of S-Planner is 4.0.3-ZSLPF. I also have a S-Planner widget on my 'desktop' which also has no Cache data. Thanks for taking some interest in my problem. Noel

When you create a task in S-Planner, does it give you an option to add a notification? I don't know much about the Samsung apps.

When you create a task in S-Planner, does it give you an option to add a notification? I don't know much about the Samsung apps.
    Of course it has otherwise, I will not be able to specify the reminder time. Strange. I set up an experimental task at 11:30am to remind me at 2pm. Sure at 2pm the alert sounded. But the task it refers to was not the experimental one but the last one of the two that it missed raising that were scheduled yesterday. It seems like S-Planner can only perform catch up:-( What a dumb planner. Noel

It does seem weird. I would use a backup tool to backup the app data (in the event you need to restore it) and clear the data from the app. Something seems amiss if you are getting old notifications on a new appointment.

By chance did you update you Android version any time recently? An OTA update or via Kies?

It does seem weird. I would use a backup tool to backup the app data (in the event you need to restore it) and clear the data from the app. Something seems amiss if you are getting old notifications on a new appointment. By chance did you update you Android version any time recently? An OTA update or via Kies?
    Perhaps I should do that. My Samsung Galaxy Note is literal just my mobile phone with very little important things on it. I have a PC set up specially to do backup for this phone. The problem I am seeing is perhaps a problem with the Note I's S-Planner's notification UI. When its reminder fires, it only shows the first (usually the oldest one it has missed alerting) but containing no indicator of how many in that alert message. On a Jorte, its alert message tells you how many task with reminders set on the same time. In S-Planner, you have to open that alert message to see how many in there. Worse still and has been a complaint elsewhere is the inability of Note to keep beeping until the reminder's alert be extinguished much like when a phone call coming in. This modus operandi has been around ever since a mobile phone can do that. So much for progress in 'smart' phone. Furthermore, S-Planner is just an application and why I couldn't simply uninstall and reinstall it. Better still why I couldn't simply tell it to create a new calendar database. This is the normal things we do in a laptop running whatever operating system. A lesson to learn is never use application you cannot uninstall without reseting the entire machine. Now I am using Jorte. Noel

If you have it backed up (so you do not miss future appointments) then I would try clearing the cache and data and see if that improves it.

If you have it backed up (so you do not miss future appointments) then I would try clearing the cache and data and see if that improves it.
    There is no cache data this application, only data. I could clear out the data but only as a last resort. It is a pity one cannot say "File Open..." this data file or "File new..." as normal interactive program would have. All you have in S-Planner is one data file you can't even see it in the Terminal:-( Noel

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links