WiFi Problem

This is a discussion on WiFi Problem within the Samsung Galaxy Note forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi all. I've just recently upgraded from my phone to the Samsung Galaxy Note 16 GB. In the last couple of days I've notice that ...

Thread: WiFi Problem

WiFi Problem

Hi all.

I've just recently upgraded from my phone to the Samsung Galaxy Note 16 GB. In the last couple of days I've notice that when I leave home with my wifi on and connected, by the time I get to work the wifi has somehow turned itself OFF and doesn't automatically connect to the wifi at work. I have to go to the toggle switch and turn wifi back on. I couldn't find any other settings to figure out why the wifi is being turned off. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Paul.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    What's the sleep policy set at? If it's not already, try setting it at "Never" and see if it helps.

to the forum!
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hi Furbearingmammal,

Thanks for the advice, looked to see settings, it was already set for never.
    Just had an update for the phone, will check again over the next few days, my only thought, i have an app called "silent time lte" this puts the phone into a silent mode when i sleep.
    Wondered if this might be causing some conflict?
    I will check over the next few days to see if update to phone software has changed anything.

Thanks again,

Paul.

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    I think that app may be a problem. Try toggling it off and see if it fixes things. Another thought -- try a quick Airplane Mode cycle if you ever run into it again. Turn Airplane Mode on long enough to disengage all wireless connections and then turn it back off.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to android system and encountered the same problem on WiFi connection. The signal of the WiFi seem very weak even the AP router is not far away from me.

Any ideal what's problem and any solution for that? FYI, I'm also using E72 and the WiFi signal is full bar...

Recently, I have buy Samsung Galaxy Note (GT-N7000) and it is awesome but i have a difficulty with the WiFi connection. I can connected to my home wireless but i cannot connected to my office wifi (in some area in the office, can connected but from my desk i cannot) .. I cannot used the static IP address because my office server using the DHCP and it used the dynamic IP address provided from the server.

From the my desk, my Galaxy Note connected to the wireless transmitter and provided me with the correct IP address but i can browsed anything..

Additional information : I also using the Galaxy Tab 7 Plus and i not having this kind of problem with my tab.

Really need someone to advice me what to do ?

Thanks..

~anjang1980~
    Last edited by anjang1980; 01-18-2012 at 06:00 AM.

Couple of days back I bought Samsung Galaxy Note. I am new to Android world. I have been trying to connect to home wireless but it is not connecting. I also use HTC HD 7 (with Mango update) and it is connecting without any problem.

Can someone please help?

Hi to All, being a new member of this forum.

For those who cannot connect at work, check if you have a proxy in your work that need to be setted in your device; of course in addition to wifi netwrok ID (SSID), security and password (if any). Please check this link (setting proxy for Galaxy TAB).

My own problem is with the Samsung Galaxy Note. it has only one setting for Proxy which is applicable to all WiFi connections. So you have to switch manually (through the setting menue) eacch time you go home (no proxy) or go to work (with proxy) .

This is not the case with the Galaxy TAB 10.1, it sets a proxy setting per WiFi network, so it works from home or office without the need to set and clear the proxy values .

I hope that some one can tell me that I am wrong, and the Galaxy NOTE can avoid this manual switching of the proxy settings.

Regards.
    Last edited by Dr.G; 02-22-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: typo error

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Look in the Market and see if there's an app that would let you do that without having to do all that work every time, or if you can set up a profile that would do it for you.

Internet connection trouble to my laptop!

I have problems connecting to the internet on my laptop through my Samsung Galaxy Note.
    This problem started recently there was no problem in the beginning but now it takes more or less 10 minutes before the computer can find the internet not the phone but the internet and connect to it.

Ads