Problem with Micro SD Card

This is a discussion on Problem with Micro SD Card within the Samsung Galaxy Note forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I’m a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy Note 16 GB but I have one question. My phone memory is divided into two memories : ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Problem with Micro SD Card

Problem with Micro SD Card

I’m a proud owner of a Samsung Galaxy Note 16 GB but I have one question.
    My phone memory is divided into two memories : system storage (2 GB) and usb storage (12 GB). I just bought a 32 GB mini SD card (class 10).
    My question is why in programs like “Advanced Process Manager” or “Super Tools” I cannot see the micro 32 SD card when I want to see the available memory ? The internal usb storage (12 GB) of my phone is considered as SDcard but in reality it should be system storage or phone storage. In those programs I have also the function “copy to SD card”. When I want to use it the programs are not moved to micro 32 GB SD card but to my phone usb storage (12 GB).
    I would like to install gps software (iGo) with maps but they will be installed into my internal usb storage and not to my micro 32 GB SD card. In that way my phone memory will be quickly full. I don’t understand why I cannot see the micro 32 GB SD card with android programs and why when I install something it goes to the internal usb storage of my phone.
    Can anyone help me …

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    APM is a piece of crap, so get rid of it if you can.

Can you access the SD card from your PC? Also, have you verified that you don't just have a dud SD card?

to the forum!
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hi,

Yes. I can access my micro 32 GB SD card from my pc.
    When I go to settings and then to storage on my phone, then I can see it also.
    Only when I want to install a new program, game it will go to my phone memory (usb storage) and not to my micro SD card.

Angry Micro SD not detecting in Galaxy Note

I have an issue with SD card, for trail purpose i just inserted 4GB microSD card it was working properly... then after sometimes the SD card is not detecting, when check down to settings and see storage it was showing "unavailable". i tried switching off removing card and inserting back it doesn't work. Sometimes automatically its coming up card is available then going off. Any idea with this issues? Awaiting for your reply.

Problem with micro-SD card

Dear Roberto Brussels

Just to inform you that Samsung Galaxy Note does not support a Class 10 micro SD card. It supports a lower Class like Class 4 micro SD card. I am not sure if there is a Class 6 micro SD card but definately not a Class 10. You can check your Task Manager after changing the micro SD card.

Emperor

Problem with microSD

But still this problem occurs with 8GB microSD class 4.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Check to see if there are any updates for your phone, see if you can format the card from within the phone (it may need to be formatted differently than it already is), and if all else fails, take it to where you got it from and see if you get a replacement because the SD card interface is broken.
    s.tamanna likes this.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Dear Roberto Brussels

Just to inform you that Samsung Galaxy Note does not support a Class 10 micro SD card. It supports a lower Class like Class 4 micro SD card. I am not sure if there is a Class 6 micro SD card but definately not a Class 10. You can check your Task Manager after changing the micro SD card.
    Emperor
    I am currently using a 32G/C6 with my SNotes and it's fine. Actually, the Samsung salesperson recommended a C4 as a better bet Moreover, the diff in speed (real speed) between a C4 and C6 is near negligible. Funny that nothing in any brochures note this... just said it supports up to 32GB - don't they know there are so many variants out there... and it is human nature we would want the fastest plugged in (not realising the product could not support) - a fact you will only know when you plug it in

Kingston 32GB microSDHC Class 10 works fine

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Dear Roberto Brussels

Emperor
    Just installed a Kingston 32GB microSDHC Class 10 card in my Note and it was immediately recognized. I re-formatted it in the phone and transferred several apps to it with success. If you don't have success with one brand of SD card you may want to try another brand.

The speed difference between the different card classes is very real, but may not be noticeable if you only access the card while it's in the phone due to limitations in the phone's hardware. If you're transferring a lot of data to or from the card, you would be better off using a good USB card reader attached to your computer that can take advantages of the speed differences between the classes.

Here are the minimum write speeds for the different card classes:
    Class 2 ... 2 MB/s
    Class 4 ... 4 MB/s
    Class 6 ... 6 MB/s
    Class 8 ... 8 MB/s
    Class 10 ... 10 MB/s

If your USB card reader has a good controller able to take advantage of a Class 10 card's speed, then large files could be copied to it about 2-1/2 times faster than to a Class 4 card. A two minute transfer of files to a Class 10 card might require about five minutes for a Class 4 card. However, transfer speeds are generally maximized for large file transfers and the handling of a bunch of small files is generally much slower for all card classes.
    furbearingmammal likes this.

Twitter
    It's a bird
    Quote Originally Posted by rpcohen View Post
    Just installed a Kingston 32GB microSDHC Class 10 card in my Note and it was immediately recognized. I re-formatted it in the phone and transferred several apps to it with success
    Welcome to the forum and nice input from you :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads