Is the Galaxy Note Region Specific?

This is a discussion on Is the Galaxy Note Region Specific? within the Samsung Galaxy Note forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi guys, I really hope you can help.I was recently on vacation in Malaysia, and bought a new Galaxy Note. Whilst there I installed a ...

Thread: Is the Galaxy Note Region Specific?

Is the Galaxy Note Region Specific?

Hi guys, I really hope you can help.I was recently on vacation in Malaysia, and bought a new Galaxy Note. Whilst there I installed a temporary Malaysian sim card, and installed a number of apps (all free). I had no issues downloading any App I cared to try out.Fast forward to now. I have returned to Australia, and now can hardly instal any apps at all from the Android market It starts to download and then never progresses. Strange thing is that it is not for all apps. It appears to only have problems installing apps specific to the Australian market place. It just gets stuck on download.I have tried the following :1. Factory reset2. Clearing cache3. Disabling market updated4. Logging in and out of TalkTo repeat : I can download most internationally available apps. Just not Australuan ones. Though, having said that, I also can't download Dropbox, Soundhound, Opera or Double Twist, which are also international apps.Could it be that the phone is region locked. Am I being barred from the Australian market because it thinks it is a Malaysian based phone? Should I change the imei settings?As it stands I can only selectively download about 50 percent of what I need., Any help is very gratefully received

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Dear billtho,

Samsung Galaxy Note is NOT region specific. Check your Wireless and network setting, click Mobile Network, click Network Mode and click GSM / WCDMA (Auto mode). That should solve your problem.

not region specific, but i believe only the Canadian, Korean and the USA versions support LTE. a Note purchased outside of these regions without a carrier contract will most likely not have LTE. but it will have FM radio and home botton.

It sounds like it is region locked that's why its not supporting your Malaysian sim..I don't think you have to change your IMEI settings..Try contacting your service provider and make sure whats the real issue is...

Edit: No linking to paid services!
    Last edited by Tears_for_Fears; 03-08-2013 at 06:24 AM.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links