Serious Battery Issue - Help Greatly Appreciated

This is a discussion on Serious Battery Issue - Help Greatly Appreciated within the Samsung Galaxy Note forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I am trying out Android for the first time, lured from iOS by the beautiful screen of the Galaxy Note. It has been very interesting ...

Thread: Serious Battery Issue - Help Greatly Appreciated

Serious Battery Issue - Help Greatly Appreciated

I am trying out Android for the first time, lured from iOS by the beautiful screen of the Galaxy Note. It has been very interesting getting to know this new environment with advantages and disadvantages compared to the iPhone. Overall, for me, the pros and cons balance each other out. Except for one thing, that is threatening to be a real dealbreaker for me, and might force me back to my iPhone.
    The problem is batterylife. On my Note with ICS, I can't make it through a day on one charge. The phone loses 30% battery power overnight, doing nothing but lying on my desk. And that is with Juicedefender Ultra activated (not that it seems to make much difference either way)!

Do you, more experienced Androiders have suggestions for what my be wrong? I can't imagine that it has to be this way.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android.net

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yup my note seems to drain battery even lying idly as well. Then a friend suggested that doing a restart after every full charge. It seems to help but I would prefer a better solution though.

change your lock screen security mode to password (not swipe, pin or facial recognition). what i found is that battery drain & heat problem after ICS update is caused/triggereg by lock screen; when it is appeared/activated and user not logged into home screen, cpu usage hits 100% and stuck at there; i.e: when you start charging, lock screen activated and cpu usage hits to 100% somehow. the only solution for lock screen cpu problem is to use either only password protection or not to use any protection for lock screen.
    Last edited by sync64; 06-17-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links