upgrade problems

This is a discussion on upgrade problems within the Samsung Galaxy S forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; hee everybody, i got a huge problem.. i tried to upgrade my sgs to gingerbread through the odin way... during this upgrading the usb-cable broke ...

Thread: upgrade problems

upgrade problems

hee everybody,

i got a huge problem.. i tried to upgrade my sgs to gingerbread through the odin way... during this upgrading the usb-cable broke lose and the upgrade stopped. now it only shows a pic of a problem between the phone and computer... anybody any idea?? please??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You need another data cable.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT

If this is the image you're seeing, you need to use ODIN to restore your phone to a working state. That symbol means kernel failure.

You'll need to download these:

1. What you'll do is extract the RAR contents to a folder on your desktop. The password to the RAR is "samfirmware"
    2. Next you'll put your phone in download mode by doing this: press and hold volume down + home + power in that order until you see a yellow yield sign.
    3. Now open ODIN and put the extracted files in the right places in ODIN... they'll be labeled with what space they go in... PIT, PDA, PHONE, etc...
    4. Now connect your phone to your computer and ODIN should show a device connected, probably on COM1.
    5. Now press start and DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE OR TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

I just used Odin to get my soft bricked Vibrant back to stock. It ended up being Eclair. I would like Gingerbread but would be happy with a Froyo .tar and instructions if you have them.
    Last edited by gtstolz; 05-27-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtstolz View Post
    I just used Odin to get my soft bricked Vibrant back to stock. It ended up being Eclair. I would like Gingerbread but would be happy with a Froyo .tar and instructions if you have them.
    The easiest way I can tell you how to flash a new custom Rom for the Vibrant is to click on the link I provide and follow the instructions. They are very easy and you should have no problems with this especially because you have just flashed your Vibrant back to stock. With all the Samsung bloatware. If you have any problems or questions come back here and I will see what I can do to help you. The link is (Rom)Simply Honey 3.5 Revolution(JVH GB 2.3.3)(5/17/11)22+Languages - xda-developers

Hi, I've tried upgrading to Gingerbread using Odin. USB cable got loose and phone now shows a picture of a phone having connection problem with computer. I've tried the steps as previously mentioned - holding the volume down key, home button and power on button at the same time. It didn't work and the screen is still stuck at the same pic. Please help me with this serious problem. Thanks a lot.

Connect usb to phone and computer. Try up and down on volume rocker. Then put battery into phone while holding volume rocker still. You shouldn't need to touch power button at all.

I have the same problem. Kies detected an update but it stalled at 70% so after about 30 minutes I unplugged the cable, and tried to restart the phone but getting the same symbol as pictured above. I trauled forums such as this for a solution, the problem being the phone will not start in recovery mode. It just flashes the same picture as above back up again. I found no solution to this so I gave the phone back to O2 on Monday, I have recieved a message today to say they have the phone and are repairing it. I will post more news when I get the phone back

Quote Originally Posted by SGSlad View Post
    I have the same problem. Kies detected an update but it stalled at 70% so after about 30 minutes I unplugged the cable, and tried to restart the phone but getting the same symbol as pictured above. I trauled forums such as this for a solution, the problem being the phone will not start in recovery mode. It just flashes the same picture as above back up again. I found no solution to this so I gave the phone back to O2 on Monday, I have recieved a message today to say they have the phone and are repairing it. I will post more news when I get the phone back
    I have got my phone back today from O2, it is repaired and is flashed with Android 2.2, works fine. I think the solution to this problem is fairly easy if you have the right tools (even easier if the recovery mode wasn't disabled)

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Yet another reason why we suggest you try ODIN instead of Kies. Kies just doesn't work anywhere near as well.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links