Welcome to the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum on ATTDroids!

This is a discussion on Welcome to the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum on ATTDroids! within the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I have had mine for three weeks now from T-Mobile store in Gilbert AZ. I actually thought I was buying the straight Galaxy SII but ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum on ATTDroids!

I have had mine for three weeks now from T-Mobile store in Gilbert AZ. I actually thought I was buying the straight Galaxy SII but from recent information released comparing that with the Skyrocket, I definitively have the Skyrocket - with the bigger screen, different camera flash location, etc.
    I must say, I am having trouble with the battery. I'm lucky to get a day's basic use out of it. Started off with 100% this morning about 7am but now (6pm) down to 30% and all that on a day off, so very little use at all.
    otherwise I love it and others are envious of it!!!

WERA689
    Quote Originally Posted by stewall View Post
    I have had mine for three weeks now from T-Mobile store in Gilbert AZ. I actually thought I was buying the straight Galaxy SII but from recent information released comparing that with the Skyrocket, I definitively have the Skyrocket - with the bigger screen, different camera flash location, etc.
    I must say, I am having trouble with the battery. I'm lucky to get a day's basic use out of it. Started off with 100% this morning about 7am but now (6pm) down to 30% and all that on a day off, so very little use at all.
    otherwise I love it and others are envious of it!!!
    Are you CERTAIN? I've not heard anything about T-Mo getting this phone!

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Are you CERTAIN? I've not heard anything about T-Mo getting this phone!
    Yes, absolutely. I wanted to take advantage of their new $30 unlimited plan (100 hrs of calls) and I had planned on waiting for the Nexus but I went to their store to see if they had a cheap phone I could make do with for a month or two and they showed me the SGSII. I paid $529.99 plus tax.
    It wasn't until I saw an article about two days ago on one of the Android RSS feeds that I realized I had the Skyrocket version.
    If there is anything else you would like to know, just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by stewall View Post
    Yes, absolutely. I wanted to take advantage of their new $30 unlimited plan (100 hrs of calls) and I had planned on waiting for the Nexus but I went to their store to see if they had a cheap phone I could make do with for a month or two and they showed me the SGSII. I paid $529.99 plus tax.
    It wasn't until I saw an article about two days ago on one of the Android RSS feeds that I realized I had the Skyrocket version.
    If there is anything else you would like to know, just ask.
    Not entirely... While they are "similar" they are certainly not the same phone. Those graphs are also slightly innacurate as to data speeds. The skyrocket defaults to its 21 Mbps hspa+ speed when not in an LTE area (pretty much everywhere right now) but will hit speeds up to 80 Mbps when in one. The Tmo version defaults to 3g when not in their 42Mbps area (most of thehir coverage does not offer their 4g) so in terms of data speed youre looking at Tmo= 3g<10Mbps and 42 Mbps and Skyrocket= 4g h+ <=21 Mbps and 4g LTE <=80 Mbps. The bodys are also slightly different shapes. Sorry if it sounds like nitpicking but I sell phones haha

Anyone know the best places to post issues I have seen with the new SamSung Skyrocket.
    Poor battery life- Wi-Fi anomolies.
    I was wondering if others have seen similar issues- or just my hardware ?
    thansk

WERA689
    Quote Originally Posted by 1cyberwarrior View Post
    Anyone know the best places to post issues I have seen with the new SamSung Skyrocket.
    thansk
    Well, besides here, you might look at our sister site: Samsung Galaxy Forum - Galaxy S2 Forum

thansk
    I was reading on a forum the other day about this because mine is the same.
    Strangely some days seem better than others - or should I say worse than others.
    I cannot get thru a whole day starting off at 100% charge in the morning and by early afternoon I am often down to around 30%.
    The other site suggested that many people get around 12 to 14 hours.
    I don't use mine a lot throughout a regular day and I think I am getting around 16 to 18 hours.
    I notice at home where the signal is poor and I have the wi-fi on it seems to make the battery last much better so I assume that the data signal searching is a battery drain problem. I have most syncing and location services turned off. I also have a black desktop to cut out screen drain
    I think the forum was on the XDA site.
    Here (I hope) is an image of my battery usage:

Name:  battery screen image 111711.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  8.7 KB

It also seems that it charges quicker with the wi-fi on but I may be imagining this!!! Perhaps I'll try the battery duration leaving the wi-fi on all day long.
    I'll let you know if I spot anything, perhaps you'll do the same if you find some new revelation
    (In the few minutes messing around getting the screen capture and putting it on this message I have gone from 96% to 92% - with wi-fi on)

Like I have said in other messages when people post about their use of battery and thoughts on what they are using..

Posts your usage of your top 2.. Then click into those and post that..

Example..
    Name:  SC20111117-194839.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  8.5 KBName:  SC20111117-224512.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  3.6 KB

As you can see here my use of my phone is mostly voice calls.. And as you can see I actually used it for almost 2 hours.. That indicates a true usage of 40% of my battery..

dandroid
    After having it a few days has the battery life improved?

thansk

Was in the Baltimore area this week adn was able to get on their LTE network (days before it was said to be launched) and holy crap. This thing is FAST. No I mainly attribute it to the fact that it was probably me and 10 other people with att lte phones in that area that were taking advantage of it but hey I saw some true LTE power.

Name:  speed test.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  87.9 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links