Galaxy S2

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 within the Samsung Galaxy S2 AT&T forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Yo Dorian, You plan on releasing for the S2 when it comes out? IF IT COMES OUT!?!?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S2

Galaxy S2

Yo Dorian,

You plan on releasing for the S2 when it comes out? IF IT COMES OUT!?!?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Actually, I have an S2. But it's not the AT&T version, it's the world version. I had it imported a while back...

But yes.

I'm about to put up a ROM for the Infuse 4G also.

Need Assistance? Contact me at dorian@android.net

Well my wife's phone is Infuse 4g.. So if it is stable BAM! I got that one covered as well

But Dorian, are you giving up on the Captivate ? - Some time back you said you wre going to post a JVR ROM for it, but I'm still waiting ):

dandroid
    sweet, do you know what differences we'll see between the world version and the one actually released for AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Actually, I have an S2. But it's not the AT&T version, it's the world version. I had it imported a while back...

But yes.

I'm about to put up a ROM for the Infuse 4G also.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    Well my wife's phone is Infuse 4g.. So if it is stable BAM! I got that one covered as well
    Nice! Yep, it's pretty stable, IMO. One other thing I noticed is that it carries the i9000's data speed limitations as well. The absolute most I've been able to get out of it is 8Mbps over WiFi. Perfectly stable connection, but not the 25Mbps+ I've been getting on CM7.

Quote Originally Posted by vic007 View Post
    But Dorian, are you giving up on the Captivate ? - Some time back you said you wre going to post a JVR ROM for it, but I'm still waiting ):
    JVR turned out to not have any real, tangible improvements... so as soon as I can get JVS actually loaded on my Captivate, I'll see about that one. The main thing I want to see fixed (completely fixed) is the browser. Samsung is getting to where their ROM's can't be deodexed correctly without breaking things...

Quote Originally Posted by dandroid View Post
    sweet, do you know what differences we'll see between the world version and the one actually released for AT&T?
    Not much difference at all, surprisingly. AT&T didn't muck with the design much at all. The only real difference is the AT&T logos, and the 4 capacitive buttons instead of the physical "Home" button with search on the right and menu on the left. Both are 21.1Mbps capable handsets, just like the Infuse 4G. Also, AT&T didn't go with the 4.5" screen option because it would have aped Infuse sales. The two would look identical if they both had the same 4.5" panel.

dandroid
    What do you think of the S2 compared to the Atrix?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Well, I like the Atrix for what it is... but it's simply not in the same league. Android uses NEON (SIMD instructions) in the UI and various other places and since the Atrix has no NEON processing capabilities it's UI will never be as smooth. NVIDIA purposefully left off NEON to keep costs down. Motorola has, in every phone they've ever built, taken UI response and smoothness secondary to function though...

The GS2 is so smooth it's embarrassing. The Atrix has about the same amount of CPU power, but the GS2 outclasses it in GPU power by a LOT. It outclasses just about every phone out right now. The only thing I wish they would have improved is the battery. The Atrix has a HUGE battery. The GS2 would really benefit from a bigger battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Well, I like the Atrix for what it is... but it's simply not in the same league. Android uses NEON (SIMD instructions) in the UI and various other places and since the Atrix has no NEON processing capabilities it's UI will never be as smooth. NVIDIA purposefully left off NEON to keep costs down. Motorola has, in every phone they've ever built, taken UI response and smoothness secondary to function though...

The GS2 is so smooth it's embarrassing. The Atrix has about the same amount of CPU power, but the GS2 outclasses it in GPU power by a LOT. It outclasses just about every phone out right now. The only thing I wish they would have improved is the battery. The Atrix has a HUGE battery. The GS2 would really benefit from a bigger battery.

Dorian, do you forsee the Galaxy S II getting ICS quickly? Or will we have to wait until 2012?

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Dorian, do you forsee the Galaxy S II getting ICS quickly? Or will we have to wait until 2012?

-Mike
    For an ICS release it will be at least January for a leak or otherwise... I'm going to say late Feb-Mar for the international version, which will be translatable to the AT&T version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links