Galaxy S2 Running HOT

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 Running HOT within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; It's not just battery consumption, it's also draining the memory....

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Galaxy S2 Running HOT

It's not just battery consumption, it's also draining the memory.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    A little background on this....
    Titan & I were having a friendly debate yesterday regarding his battery temps. He posted his battery was running at 38 degrees Fahrenheit and I was sure he meant Celsius. (I was actually pretty adamant about it! LOL) I've never seen anyones smartphone run that cold before, and ive participated in quite a few temp discussions over the past year. So he downloaded a couple apps to see if they would read the same as his phone stats. Sure enough, he was running 38-39 degrees! We eventually figured out its actually normal.
    Have you ever heard of someones battery temps running that cold Slag?

tap'n

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    I understand that. My phone has like, I just looked, exactly 75mb (38%) free memory. 4.6 (Lookout) ain't in the way of anything.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Android.net

Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    I was talking to a buddy of mine earlier and he said if he remembers correctly, safe operating temperatures for li-ion batteries is between 0 - 45 degree Celsius. (32F = 0 C) so you're good to go Titan!
    I would have never thought they would run that cold, but hey....learn something new everyday!

tap'n
    He's real close. I just visited a LiIon laboratory and they say the preferred temp is 0C - 30C (32 - 86). Of course, realistically, they run much warmer, shortening overall life span (avg. 300-500 charge/discharge cycles). Fascinating stuff.

Oh I thought you two were talking cpu heat.
    As far as battery temp, never really checked. If it is that low then cool. I think the developer made a mistake with celsius vs. farenheit.

My thing is no need for battery worry unless it starts getting hot while using phone and you are not plug and playing. Never heard of battery overheating unless wired backwards or the cells break. That does not mean that it can not happen.
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 08-27-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Hello guys i just bought Samsung galaxy s 2 and search Google for tips questions and more and i found this page.
    I Have the same problem with my galaxy it hot near the camera some times i thing meaby is the overclock i have done it but , i dont think so because i read the post before and it looks like all have this problem with the temperature.

I'm just following majority rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Antreas View Post
    Hello guys i just bought Samsung galaxy s 2 and search Google for tips questions and more and i found this page.
    I Have the same problem with my galaxy it hot near the camera some times i thing meaby is the overclock i have done it but , i dont think so because i read the post before and it looks like all have this problem with the temperature.

Don't worry about it mate. As long as it is when your gaming or heavy internet then your fine. Get a temp app there handy and give you an idea of whats happening.

Guys! I would appreciate it if someone could really help me..getting to the point...
    My phone is EXTREMELY hot from the rear camera and the speaker above the front screen, not only that, it gets hotter and hotter and hotter... If the battery is 100% it will go straight to 0% within an hour or so even without myself using it....
    Please provide any advice or guidance you may have

Thanks

Heya guys ...

Ive had the galaxy S2 now for a good few months and I too am interested in battery tempreture.

I wonder if anyone has found, because I cant for the life of me, the actual offical temp specs for this phone.

The guys that say their phones heat up and the phone has actually froze basically have a faulty app that has crashed causing a lock up and the cpu going crazy thats all ..thats why I always install apps carefully and give a delay of one or two days between a download so I defo know which one is playing up.

I first noticed the heat that everyone mentions when in the first week I owned the phone I found that while shopping in B@Q I had a Hsdpa connection 3.5G so did a speed test to see how fast it actually was ..Hmm think is was about 5or 6mb or something like that and almost dropped the phone with surprise at the huge build up of heat up near the camera...it was actually pretty scary at the time lol

However it soon went back down....so I didnt worry too much, and Ill be honest these phones must have been tested soooo much before they ship them that they know that they heat up when using fast data and if it was a mega serious issue they would have gone back to the drawing board with it etc.

My phone does heat up big time when for example playing a game like Star Legends or using GPS with a SAT NAV program esp when charging at the same time, Ive had it go up to almost 50c which is pretty hot in the old mitt lol

I use a small program called battery solo widget to find out my battery temp and its a nice little widget see screen shot

.Name:  battery 100.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  64.3 KB Name:  batt 31.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  64.2 KB

This is a before and after screen shot 100 percent batt and then when tapped shows 31c at the time ...

Oh and another program I use called Uptime Wars (which is just a silly competion to see who leaves their phone on the longest) has a useful feature in showing charts of other ppls temps and charging cycles ..and by looking at those you can see how hot other ppls phones round the world get..it pretty much tops out at about 50c for most ppl.

So basically what Im saying is dont worry too much cause being soo thin its going to heat up and you will notice it when using radio and a 1.2ghz processer

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links