Galaxy S2 Running HOT

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 Running HOT within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; samsung galaxy s2 is cool but im waiting for this!!! samsung note!...

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Galaxy S2 Running HOT

samsung galaxy s2 is cool but im waiting for this!!! samsung note!

hello

first post.....

I've had the S2 for three days now and it has got hot a few times now. My own investigation has been limited to using the native Task Manager for keeping any eye on activity and i think this is all app based (for me anyways). Words with Friends and Angry Birds are real hungry on the CPU usuage. WWF will sometimes ramp up to 50%+ of CPU usuage for long periods.. and this is when i am looking at the Task Manager screen, not even playing the game. All of a sudden it goes from 0% use to 8%, 17%, 28%, 40%, and beyond. it stays there for sometimes a few seconds and sometimes a few minutes. Last night, a 20 minute playing session drained the battery from 60 odd % to 15% and my god, did the phone get hot!!!

Angry Birds is a similar story but nowhere near as intense in terms of CPU usage or length of time but it still ramps up to 25%+ for more than afew seconds at a time, and again i cant be playing it as i'm looking at the TM screen!!

To me this smacks of bad app coding surely? FB app uses 1-8% in infrequent bursts and stays settled at 0% for long periods. Similar with apps like The Register and Viber.. practically dormant wuth ripples of a few percentage points of CPU usage.

I've 'killed' WWF and Angry Birds for the last 24 hours and have had no heat issues at all. I started WWF and within minutes of playing the temp was notcieably increasing in the Camear lens area. same with Angry Birds but again, not to the same degree..

My answer is not to play these apps and send feedback to them. My uneducamated guess is that its something to do with the Ads.. everytime a banner ad refreshes it sets the phone off into a CPU burn that it doesnt come out of.

anyway, i shall keep a eye on this as i have got a few more days of grace before i get it swapped or totally change it for a Sensation....

thanks for reading - any thoughts on the app ads theory?

Bought theEpic last Sat., spent hours loading/learning/gaming w/out any heat - all while charging. Got up this morning and used it for 20 min. (surfing w/ wifi, no games) and it used 70% batt life! It has been charging for hours now and reached only 65%. At times -- too hot to use the phone.

It seems everybody is concerned with heat issues. I think people should be finding out how hot their phone is getting and then compare that with specs and go from there. If so many phones are actually running with unhealthy temps, maybe a recall is in order? It seems I keep hearing 120F is normal and exceptable under demanding conditions, which feels pretty warm to the touch. I would also assume these dual-cores run even hotter. Maybe I'll got look this up...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android.net

I hv hot the same problem...my device temptature goes upto 49 degree celsius and its around 40 most of the time..and that is near to the camerw area and in the front too....and wen i speak on the phone i get a wierd feelinginside ma ears.. it kinda hurt ma ears..what could be the problem???

Twitter
    virgocalifornia
    Hi All,
    I ordered my Galaxy S2 from AT&T and am anxiously waiting at home for FedEx to deliver it. Up until this point I've read many discussions and reviews of the phone but I never came across reports of overheating. The suggestions in this thread have been very helpful for me and I hope that I do not have this problem. I did find something interesting among all of the comments in this thread - where people bought their phones. Maybe no one mentioned it but I did not see any case where someone had bought their S2 from a carrier (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint). I wonder if the wholesalers or non-carriers got their hands on a bunch of bad phones and selling them to make a buck?!? Just food for thought.
    Last edited by virgocalifornia; 02-06-2012 at 12:58 PM.

TTU
    Quote Originally Posted by virgocalifornia View Post
    Hi All,
    I ordered my Galaxy S2 from AT&T and am anxiously waiting at home for FedEx to deliver it. Up until this point I've read many discussions and reviews of the phone but I never came across reports of overheating. The suggestions in this thread have been very helpful for me and I hope that I do not have this problem. I did find something interesting among all of the comments in this thread - where people bought their phones. Maybe no one mentioned it but I did not see any case where someone had bought their S2 from a carrier (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint). I wonder if the wholesalers or non-carriers got their hands on a bunch of bad phones and selling them to make a buck?!? Just food for thought.
    Mine over heated today, twice. I bought it at the AT&T store about 2 months ago. I can not recreate the condition.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    @ttu what temp did it reach? Running warm up to about 110f is normal if streaming music or video or using gps .

Hi all. my samsung galaxy is about 6 months old and my god its overheating big time. my phone sometimes overheats so much that it turns itself off and takes forever then to charge back up. annoying. any suggestions what to do. it is insured not sure whether to take it back and see if they know what the problem is.

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    what are you doing when its heats up? GPS? Casual web browsing? Making hot pockets?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links