Galaxy S2 Running HOT

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 Running HOT within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; When I started the thread I didn't realise it would get so many responses. To answer some of your questions/comments, yes I had gone through ...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Galaxy S2 Running HOT

Wow

When I started the thread I didn't realise it would get so many responses.

To answer some of your questions/comments, yes I had gone through task manager and switched everything off. I even got to the point of dialling down the brightness and shutting off all but Bluetooth.

The heat was very noticeable even when in my pocket. I could feel it burning my leg and it was very uncomfortable to the point where carried the darn thing. The heat didn't appear to be around the battery but higher up in the phone around the processor.

A week later they phone died. It stopped charging so it has gone back to be sorted out.

I'll let you know the results.

Hi Guys,

Mine also gets hot even if I'm not using any wifi/blue tooth/GPS and nor I was charging. Its normal for phone to get hot while charging as mentioned in galaxy S2 manual.

I was playing the most simple game "Angry Birds" and it got hot. Any suggestions/solutions?

Thanks.

Hi!

For my case, the top area near camera got the most heat after i played game for less than 5 minutes. I got so worried that i immediately closed the game application. Will the heat damage the camera since the heat is concentrated there?

It takes me about 4 - 5 hours to charge to full battery life and about half the day to drain the battery. Is that still consider normal? I have no idea of how long it will take to charge a battery of a smartphone. Can anyone advise what can i do if they refuse to accept 1 to 1 exchange?

My handset only 1 day old, batch number is GH69-12983A.

for my case, the phone does become a little bit hot after holding it for awhile surfing and messaging etc. But, its acceptable.
    And after reading comments, i tried decreasing the brightness, and it DOES help to lower the temp. Guys, can try it out

My Internal charging unit failed and is currently being repaired. They tell me that this may be the reason for the heat, but I'm not so sure.

Will keep you advised.

I'm surprised they opted to repair it as opposed to sending you a replacement. Good luck!

Tapatalker!

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    If they're aware of an issue with a component they may opt to repair instead of replace because the replacement might have the same faulty unit...
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I had this problem and through test and error i found out what was happening.

Like someone in the topic pointed out, it got hot when the cpu was being used a lot for a long time.

This is what i did: I downloaded Elixir (https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result) and used it to see if the cpu ussage was more than 60%. If that persisted for a few minutes then i used Watchdog (https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result) to see which process was the one using the cpu that much and added it to the blacklist, which will kill it automatically.

You can do that if you buy Watchdog. But if you don't want to buy it there is a Lite version that can be used to send out an alert when some process is using too much cpu and then kill it manually.

In my case, the process using the cpu that way was Wi-Fi Sharing.

I hope that helps!

This is nice that your willing to help but, task killing an app manual or through the use of another app is not a good thing. For the most favorable results without task killer just turn off the wifi sharing.

well, i'd rather kill a service that is missbehaving than let it dry my battery and overheating my phone, because is much worse having your cpu running 60%+ for a period of time than killing a service imho
    Last edited by synbios; 07-12-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Ads