Galaxy S2 Running HOT

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 Running HOT within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Ive just noticed this problem with mine today. I got it on saturday so ive only had it a few days and its been fine. ...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Galaxy S2 Running HOT

Ive just noticed this problem with mine today. I got it on saturday so ive only had it a few days and its been fine.

It got extremely hot and drained my battery from about 90% down to 66% in an hour.

I killed all the apps and cleared the RAM and it still was hot, so i turned it off for abit and now back on and it seems ok for now.

I noticed looking at what was using the battery that AVG antivirus (free app) was using 42% and then some standard media thing was next on the list at about 20%.

I keep going into the android task manager (downloaded from the market) and gmail, gallery, avg and about 10+ other programs keep showing yet the phone is locked and not being used in my pocket and i havent opened anything. Keep killing them but they will just come back up.

I have a feeling the CPU was being use alot due to this and thats why it got hot and also drained the battery alot. Any ideas on what could cause the apps to run up on their own accord?

Quote Originally Posted by synbios View Post
    well, i'd rather kill a service that is missbehaving than let it dry my battery and overheating my phone, because is much worse having your cpu running 60%+ for a period of time than killing a service imho
    The android OS and the use of the cpu therefore running the OS is designed to optimize the use of memory and cpu usage. It is not the same as a computer running any OS. Cpu running 60% is no big thing but, if it is running all the time it's usually because you downloaded an app that someone developed that had no clue on how to allow it to sleep or they intentionally do not want your device to sleep. This is also my issue with developers wanting to know my gps location. For what? There is no need for them to know. I don't want a leash. Anyway read either here at android . Net about task killers or go to the link I will include. The section here is go to forum>android applications>android apps> task killers - google and developers response.

The link I found is kind of the samething. Here you go... http://android.nextapp.com/site/syst...taskmanagement

I have had my phone for a few days now (2.3.3) and have noticed that the stock browser ramps up to over 50 percent and stays that way until you kill it. I I can't seem to get the wifimedia share to quit either. Fortunately my phone doesn't seem to be getting really hot like other people are experiencing.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    The android OS and the use of the cpu therefore running the OS is designed to optimize the use of memory and cpu usage. It is not the same as a computer running any OS. Cpu running 60% is no big thing but, if it is running all the time it's usually because you downloaded an app that someone developed that had no clue on how to allow it to sleep or they intentionally do not want your device to sleep. This is also my issue with developers wanting to know my gps location. For what? There is no need for them to know. I don't want a leash. Anyway read either here at android . Net about task killers or go to the link I will include. The section here is go to forum>android applications>android apps> task killers - google and developers response.

The link I found is kind of the samething. Here you go... Task Management | android.nextapp.com
    yes, i know, that's the resason i've had my HTC Magic with no task killers for 2 years and a half, but when i bought the SGS2 i encountered this problem. At first i thought it might be what you point, that it might be an app I downloaded so I checked which one could be using the cpu so much for so long and then i found out it was a service from an app i didn't download:

The one marked with the red X. As you can see, I don't have wi-fi on, so i can't fix it by closing the wi-fi connection.
    So yeah, i'm with you, kiling apps is not usually needed in Android, but I think is the only way i have to deal with this special case (other than rebooting the phone, which is tedious)

Ok, is your mobile AP turned off on your phone? It's what allows your phone to be used as an access point (ap) for other devices.
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 07-13-2011 at 12:41 PM.

yes, it's turned off

Ok. Hmm.. I'm going to have to figure this one out. Leave it up to Samsung to hide the option for turning it off. Give me a little bit.

To permanently stop Wifi Sharing you must be rooted and freeze it. It is part of Samsung's software which is used by Kies or DLNA(not sure which).

Allshare is the software causing the wifi sharing to stay active.

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    Allshare is the software causing the wifi sharing to stay active.
    cool, thanks

I don't want to root the phone yet, but when I do i will uninstall all that Samsung crap

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links