Galaxy S2 Running HOT

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 Running HOT within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Your welcome and it gets a little irritating when Samsung installs something that is great but, it seems they either have no forethought or do ...

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Galaxy S2 Running HOT

Your welcome and it gets a little irritating when Samsung installs something that is great but, it seems they either have no forethought or do not care. Why would they not care about battery life in their devices except for one of those two reasons?

I have being having battery issue with my one week old Galaxy S2, it's on Gingerbread 2.3.3 version and lasts roughly 4-5 hours with the kind of usage i used to have on my Nokia N8 previously (includes some gaming, casual browsing via wi-fi or 3G, downloading stuff sometimes through market, watching YouTube videos etc)

here's a snapshot of my battery usage, i have drained my battery once entirely and recharged it while phone was in switched off state, going on to second recharge post completely drained battery with Advanced Task Killer and Juice Defender installed and working hoping to see some improvement in battery life, Should i take then phone to service center for inspection or wait for Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 release.

Facing phone warming issue near camera like some other reviews i have read, while gaming or using GPS etc checked battery temperature which hover around 31 deg c - 36 deg c.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Congratulations! You just installed two totally useless apps. ATK is hard on the battery and CPU and Juice Defender runs in the background all the time, putting the hurt on your battery and CPU and does nothing you can't do yourself.

The display eating up half of your battery life is not unexpected if you're gaming at all. You should look into an extended or possibly just a secondary battery if this kind of use is typical for you.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Hi, I bought Samsung galaxy S2 on 10th of this month from Carrefour City centre, Sultanate of Oman. The handset heats up and gets so hot that it burns ear and the palm feels the heat. All this happens if the phone is used over 20 minutes either to talk or download apps or browsing net. While charging, the phone cant even be touched because of its high temperature and strangely, it is advised by Samsung that one should not use the phone for any other purpose while the battery is getting charged !! It was not for this I parted my money. I bought this phone confidently believing in the touted capabilities of it, but am now running pillar by post to get a refund from the retailer.. I posted this experience in Samsung's Facebook wall but no response..

Exchange it.

Mine got very hot 104 deg f when using in a low signal area on 3g, too hot to put against my ear, so i changed it for another, that was exactly the same, my norton utilties app showed 124 deg f .The signal on 3g and wi-fi is generally poor , i'm now swapping it for a HTC sensation as the main reason for the phone is so i can go on the internet.

If you needed to exchange it then that's what you do. I want to inform you though that 124 is acceptable and don't be suprised if the Sensation gets that hot. As long as the phone stays under 150 they are within specs.

Overheating + Freezing

OK So I have had the S2 for about 2 weeks. I've experienced the same "hot" sensation. Always when the phone is in my pocket and locked and no app actively in use (not sure if running in the background). The phone gets so hot I have to pull it out of my pocket and I never have felt it get this hot when I'm using it for web, navigation or game.

When this happens the fone freezes (just a blank screen and no response to any buttons) and I have to take the battery out to start it again. When I get back in the battery level has dropped (significant drop considering the time from when I last checked it).

Again the heat is around the camera area at the back and not the battery. I hadn't downloaded many apps when I first had this problem.

Its happened about 3 times. Last time was today which made me google it and I found this forum. The Wifi, GPS and Bluetooth were off on this most recent event. About 1hr before this I had previously sent an MMS msg and noticed the data symbol was still going when I locked the phone but I just thought this was cuz I'd sent an MMS with a picture.

I just installed Elixir and Watchdog task manager as per previous post suggestion but do you think I should just take the phone back??

Thanks

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    I'd exchange it if I was within the exchange period.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Welcome to the forum and exchange it.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links