Galaxy S2 - Media Scanning Stops Music Play Back

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 - Media Scanning Stops Music Play Back within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hello, sorry I have not replied earlier, busy schedule. I too have the same baseband. 9100xxke4. I will have to give Dorian flashing guide a ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S2 - Media Scanning Stops Music Play Back

Hello,
    sorry I have not replied earlier, busy schedule.

I too have the same baseband. 9100xxke4. I will have to give Dorian flashing guide a go.

Will post back with results. Seems so random, sometimes it scans, and sometimes not.

Cheers, Skully

I had this problem to. Music swould stop after one or two songs, the phone would make the sound it makes when it turns itself on and then the media scanner would run. The player shuts down completely. I'm now using the Amazon MP3 player instead of the stock one. seems to be ok so far (touch wood)

As far as I can tell it's the stock player that's the problem. I haven't tried any others but the amazon version hasn't caused me any difficulties so far.

Same problem

Hey guys, i have had the same problem and get my phone yesterday. I have version 19100xxke4 and no updates are availABLE :/
    I'll talk to a tech today and tell you all the results

Same problem here too

Got mine around 3 weeks ago. Was playing music fine, then on my way home one night it did the same as mentioned previously.
    This is terrible. I have tried closing services, uninstalling apps and nothing. Anybody have any ideas? The stock player is really good, besides not working I also have KE4 firmware.

-Tris

As mentioned previously regarding Amazon Player and WinAmp. I installed WinAmp and can confirm it works perfectly. Bug as mentioned seems to lie in the stock Music Player itself. I was pleasantly surprised WinAmp in functionality, is the same as the stock player. Just installed, loaded and started playing music in seconds. In short, install a different/third-party player until this is fixed by Google.

Hey dude that was informative about firmware,.........thanks have you upgraded your sgs2 with latest firmware F1.........how is it working can you tell pros and cons of this update.......important the pink spot of the camera

hi,
    since my last post i have downloaded kiss mp3 for free from the market and hey presto no problems with the media scanner.
    dorian if you read this thanks for your advice earlier in the thread but it was just a little to techy for me.

best wishes dark star.

Hii Dorian,
    I recently bought galaxy s2 but m finding quite difficult to play music on the inbuilt music player. I downloaded some music from ma pc to ma phone with USB cable. But i can find the songs on the music player lists. I m having to play it from the storage folder i.e. ( from MY FILES folder and in it the made a folder for the music.) But here i am unable to view it in lists and play it one after another. Could you please help me out with the issue.

Thanks.

Angry

I have exact the same problem! When i listen music suddenly the phone reboot and i see "media scanning completed" on the top. What a crap! I paid 500 EURO for this phone! I don't use an extra SD card (yet), so all is originally from the phone. Samsung Galaxy S2 Model: GT-I9100 Android: 2.3.3 Baseband Version: I9100XXKE4 Build: Gingerbread.XWKE7

Download a different music player from the Market. 2.3.4 will be released soon so maybe it will include a patch. For what it is worth I am on KE2 and don't have this issue.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links