Galaxy S2 - Media Scanning Stops Music Play Back

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 - Media Scanning Stops Music Play Back within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Try using Music Hub (if you don't want to bother downloading an app for music). I have the same issue (Galaxy S2, Bell) - but ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Galaxy S2 - Media Scanning Stops Music Play Back

Try using Music Hub (if you don't want to bother downloading an app for music). I have the same issue (Galaxy S2, Bell) - but everything seems fine now that I am using Music Hub to listen to my songs.

Me too got this problem...my phones's firmware is KG2..and I'm really worried about this
    Hope this gets fixed soon by google

Google does not fix it. The makers of the phone are responsible. I suggest using the google mp3 app from the market.

hi guys..i suffered from this problem.but i get rid of it by not using screen lock code..it is not a 100 percent solution but it is better than nothing.i am using simcard pin but the lock function works when you swich the phone on only.meaning that if you leave the handset on stand by position anyone can use it even if the screen is black.

I don't know if any of you are still having this problem but all you need to do is update your firmware through Samsung Kies. I was having the same problem, so installed samsung kies on my PC, connected my GS2 and the first thing it said is an update was available. Updated and now it's fine, along with a few other little fixes around the device to.
    So try that before spending loads of time calling tech support or even worse flashing your device.

Samsung Kies is here
    Mobile Phone's Software&Manual SAMSUNG

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    NP! We're all here to help.

XXKE4 is about 5 firmware versions behind. Try XWKF1. It's the latest as of June 3rd.

Here is the link to download the .rar that has all the ODIN files in it: Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9100XWKF1.rar
    Here is the link to ODIN, the program that you use to flash your phone:Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Odin3 v1.83.exe

Do note that this will wipe your phone, including all contacts, SMS messages, apps... everything. But your internalSD will be untouched. So back up your stuff! You can find "SMS Backup and Restore" in the Market for free, and you can find another like it for call logs. You can back up downloaded apps with "Titanium Backup" from the Market. Your contacts should be sync'd with Google. Upon turning on the phone after doing this update, you'll log into your Google account and your contacts will be automatically restored, as will your GMail and Google Books.
    1. Basically what you'll do is extract the .rar to a folder on your desktop
    2. Launch ODIN and put the right file in the right slot in ODIN (they're labeled)
    3. Put your phone in download mode (turn your phone off, then turn it on again by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power at the same time)
    4. Connect your phone to your computer and let ODIN detect it. You should see a yellow box inside ODIN saying a "COM" number.
    5. Now press start and DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR PHONE OR BOTHER ODIN while it's flashing. Doing so may result in a brick.

Hi Dorain

I too face the same prob. I tried all players but still the pron persists.

My baseband version is I9100GDDKI1
    Kernel version 2.6.35.7

Skully78,

I have the sam problem with the same phone (GT-19100M Android 2.3.3). I have tried several things to try and fix this problem, including putting the phone in "airplane" mode so that it is not trying to connect to any network(s). As well, I was running the iSyncr app which I uninstalled, but that made no difference.

Did you ever end up finding a solution to this problem?

Folder Rename - mp3 files not detected on internal usb storage

I've been searching for days on why Media Scanner wasn't detecting the music I had installed on the Internal USB Storage (Not the External SD Card). My TMO Samsung Galaxy S II had the mount point for the internal USB storage called "usbstorage" by default. After trying all kinds of fixes and suggestions I got fed up and decided to see what would happen if I simply renamed the directory to "Storage". As soon as I did so all my media was detected by Media Scanner and everything started working. I can only assume that either the "usb" portion of the filename was causing a conflict or the directory name itself was corrupt, but I had no problem browsing to the directory and playing music 1 song at a time through the files app.

Just posting this here in case someone else is searching for a similar problem.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links