Phone just died .. can someone help ,.

This is a discussion on Phone just died .. can someone help ,. within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi , i bought a Galaxy S2 about 2 months ago , its a beast of a machine but with rubbish batter power which is ...

Thread: Phone just died .. can someone help ,.

Phone just died .. can someone help ,.

Hi , i bought a Galaxy S2 about 2 months ago , its a beast of a machine but with rubbish batter power which is something i can live with . As you know ( well if you don't ) there was a heavy pour of rain today in london ...hail stone and everything , I was on my way home from class ( i am a uni student ) and i got caught up in it so i had to run home with the phone in my pocket . I didn't fall down or anything but when i got home i was pretty soaked ... My phone was just dead . It didn't start up or anything . I am thinking it got wet so i took out everything ( battery sim card etc ) and tried up it up with a towel and a blow dryer and then i put it in a bowl of rice .. Its been about 5 hours now... I 've tried to put the battery back in and when i did and tried to turn it on . The little red Light next to the front camera blinked ones and that was about it ..

Any solutions ? I bought this phone legally and its insured

i tried posting on samsung galaxy forums but it dont allow me to post for some weird reason .
    Last edited by Yedomakha; 06-28-2011 at 03:36 PM.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Have you tried plugging in the phone and letting it charge for a few hours? It could just be that battery is dead.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    New to Android or just need a refresher course, Abe has you covered
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Android.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

We are the droid owners
    Resistance is Futile, YOU Will be Assimilated...

The phone was on like 70% when i left class .. so i dont think the battery would die that quickly .

I think its short circuited ... cus i 've let it try for about nearly 10 hours now and tested the battery on another phone ... :/

Exchange it. Insurance claim because it's outside normal warranty if it has liquid damage.

Yeah your best bet will be to do an insurance claim because it is insured. Might want to check to make sure it will cover water damage before you file it though. Not sure if it covers that and also check in the back of the phone for water damage.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Water Damages is covered in my insurance ergh i was hoping i could find a week and avoid the insurance company bugging the hell out of me . thanks anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Yedomakha View Post
    Water Damages is covered in my insurance ergh i was hoping i could find a week and avoid the insurance company bugging the hell out of me . thanks anyways
    So what have you done to resolve the matter? You are not going to go through the insurance company?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links