Updates?

This is a discussion on Updates? within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hey all, I've had my S2 for about a week and am very pleased with my choice! I'm new to the world of smart phones ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CR6

Thread: Updates?

Updates?

Hey all,

I've had my S2 for about a week and am very pleased with my choice! I'm new to the world of smart phones and its taking a while to get accustomed to it (can see why people never put their phones down these days!) It occurs to me that I may need to update the software. I've seen Google Maps automatically downloading and updating but not sure if all updates run automatically. If not, I presume I need to hunt them down but am not sure where to start?

First post and sorry if its a really easy question, but I'm trying to be a good mum to my shiny new baby!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum princess!
    To update your apps, go into the Market, click on the menu key and then click on "my apps". This will bring up a list of all the apps you've downloaded. At the very top you'll see a button that says "update all". You can either go this route or update them individually. Any app that needs an update, will say update (in red) next to it.
    What I usually do is, click on the app that needs an update, click on the "more" button to see what exactly is included in said update. I'll then read a dozen or so customer reviews to see if people are happy or complaining about the most recent update. I then weigh those two things against how the app is currently performing.
    Updates don't always equate to a better running app. For example: I recently downloaded a Pandora update. It was running flawlessly before the update. Now the music constantly pauses to buffer and is quite annoying. Luckily i had a backup. I always make sure to make recent backups of all my apps (i use Titanium Backup) this way if I'm not happy with an update, I can go back and return it to its previous version.
    (Sorry for the long winded reply!)
    Good luck and enjoy the forum!

Tapatalker!

Im from india, im enjoying my SGS2 . I have a question, the Music Hub is not preinstalled here , so is it possible to download or get it by some sort

Thanks CR6, good advice!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links