Galaxy S2 cons and Specs Clarification

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 cons and Specs Clarification within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi All, I bought my S2 5 days ago (last Wednesday). i had found these issues and please suggest me solutions if you have come ...

Thread: Galaxy S2 cons and Specs Clarification

Galaxy S2 cons and Specs Clarification

Hi All,

I bought my S2 5 days ago (last Wednesday). i had found these issues and please suggest me solutions if you have come across.

1) It takes 4 hrs to get fully charged, if we are not using the phone while on charge or else it takes more time to charge fully.
    2) Specs Says 16GB internal space but i found USB Storage as 11.50 gb and device memory around 2 gb, so total comes to 13.50gb what happen to rest 2.5gb???? is it Samsung default or its a faulty one????
    3) Specs says 1 GB RAM but in task manager it shows only 837 MB RAM, where is the balance 187MB RAM???? is it Samsung default or its a faulty one????
    4) If we forget to close any apps it drains the batter very quick. i.e., less than 8 hrs. for eg., i used the "app lock pro" app to lock some apps you need to keep this running, when you do that it takes lot of battery life when you check the usuage it shows 80% used by android os. but i'm not sure becoz of this app or anything else the problem. but other than this app nothing was running.
    5) Specs says multitasking, but when you multitask the mobile gets hot... i'm using tempmonitor app to randomly monitor the temp. it varies between 31 - 41 degree celcius. if you're using in AC room it also comes down to 25 C. i guess anywhere between 29 - 31 or even 33 is normal?

Multitask that i used is EDGE network browsing, Media (listening songs), playing games and going through phone options without AC room.

Expertise any suggestion? should i replace it or its a default???

thank you in advance.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

1: The 4 hours of charging sounds abit long to me. It could be the charger, battery, or phone.
    2: The 16GB of internal Rom is what the total amount is but part of that is used by Samsung for things such as the phone's kernal and their user interface. Just like when you buy a computer with 500GB harddrive you turn it on for first time and see only 457GB available.
    3: The RAM available is because of the software the phone needs to operate properly.
    4: That happens to any phone that has apps that a third party developer created, you download, and they have the app never sleep. If you are using a task killer to shut these down stop using it. The phone takes care of stock apps preinstalled on your phone.
    5: The temp of your phone is normal between 30 and 40 celsius.
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 07-11-2011 at 08:51 AM.

This phone has a great stock task manager. Long press the home key. Super easy and well thought out.

The missing memory is lost in formmating.

Ads