Phone overheated overnight

This is a discussion on Phone overheated overnight within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I was playing around with my two week old phone last night and I fell asleep while the phone was under my pillow as it ...

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Phone overheated overnight

  1. #1
    Android Lurker ishinozaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1

    Phone overheated overnight

    I was playing around with my two week old phone last night and I fell asleep while the phone was under my pillow as it was charging.

    Woke up to a very hot phone with the battery discharged. Really hot, probably exceeding 50C easily. Removed the battery for a little while and let it sit and cool. Upon plugging it back in the display showing the empty battery and an exclamation point (warning?).

    Charged it and noticed nothing wrong with the phone. Been having problems with battery life since I got the device but it seems to me that its been discharging at a faster rate now.

    Is there anyway for me to check for damages on the phone and battery?

    Many thanks!

    Isamu

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android.net

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Posts
    3,983
    Thanked
    197 times
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Not really, but if you cooked your battery for any length of time at that temperature you shortened its life drastically. Unfortunately, you may have damaged the motherboard, etc, by exposing it to that level of heat for that long. If it's working fine I'd keep an eye on it but other than replacing it you can't do much at this point.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

  4. #3
    Rescue Squad pc747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    224
    Thanked
    20 times
    try turning off background data and make sure gps, syn, and bluetooth are all off.

  5. #4
    Android Lurker sundanceS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by furbearingmammal View Post
    Not really, but if you cooked your battery for any length of time at that temperature you shortened its life drastically. Unfortunately, you may have damaged the motherboard, etc, by exposing it to that level of heat for that long. If it's working fine I'd keep an eye on it but other than replacing it you can't do much at this point.
    If the motherboard is is damaged, wouldn't it not turn on? Or would it work temporarily and die out eventually?

  6. #5
    Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Posts
    3,983
    Thanked
    197 times
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    The way to look at it is like this -- a bad analogy, but a fitting one: Let's say you had a Dodge Viper. You took it in for an oil change but somehow the shop damaged one of the coolant lines. Eventually the reservoir runs dry and the engine overheats. There's a good chance nothing happened unless you were really working the engine at the time, but there's also a chance that something got borked. You may not know this for another 20,000 miles in that case.

    Cooking the motherboard may not cause immediate failure, though it may not work 100% as well as it did. It may also have never reached critical temperatures. There's no way of knowing, unfortunately, till something goes haywire.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

  7. #6
    Super Moderator/RS SLAG IT!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere on Kamino
    Posts
    2,814
    Thanked
    84 times
    Great analogy!

  8. #7
    Android Lurker kjaichand0012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12
    hey guys i had a information to share with respect to the phone warming up. I could realize that when the SGS2 is screen time out is kept either 15 seconds or 30 sec. the phone warming is not seen, possibility this could be due to .......the amount of energy consumed by the super amoled screen display. Hope this helps you all too......cheers.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. My first smart phone or mini computer phone
    By tvfreakazoid in forum Samsung Infuse 4G
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2011, 03:00 AM
  2. Phone takes forever to connect to phone calls
    By phillycodehound in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 05:07 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 02:52 AM

Search tags for this page

cell phone was under pillow overnight and is now very hot
,

galaxy s2 overheating when charging

,
left my samsung phone under pillow and now it doesnt work
,

left phone charging under pullow now its hot

,
my samsung s2 gets overheated
,

phone gets hot under pillow

,
phone overheated under pillow
,
phone overheating charging at night
,

samsung galaxy s2 overheating while charging

,
samsung galaxy s4 overheating while charging
,
samsung s2 not charging and getting overheated
,

samsung s2 overheating warning

,
why does my phone overheat under my pillow
,
why is my phone overheating overnight
,
why is my samsung mobile phone showing a temperature guage
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum