Galaxy S2 on Orange UK

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 on Orange UK within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Hi I am looking at replacing my HTC Hero with a Galaxy S 2 on Orange here in the UK. Really like the look of ...

Thread: Galaxy S2 on Orange UK

Telford UK

Galaxy S2 on Orange UK

I am looking at replacing my HTC Hero with a Galaxy S 2 on Orange here in the UK. Really like the look of the phone and most of the reviews have been positive so about to take the plunge. However, my experience with Android and Orange with the Hero, which is branded by Orange, was that it took them ages to bring out updates and to get from 1.6 to 2.1 - eventually happened in July 2010 and hasn't been updated since. I couldn't just download and apply updates direct from the HTC site as it was a branded phone, yes I could have rooted it, but didn't want to go that way.

Now I see there are a few issues around battery life/phone getting hot on the S 2 and would like to know can the Samsung be updated directly from their site for bug fixes and any version upgrades for Android or do you have to wait for the Orange "over the air updates"?

Thanks for any information and guidance.

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Somewhere on Kamino
    84 times
    Htc has gotten better with their updates coming either over the air or from their website. Unfortunately the hero was a bit annoying in various ways. However, atleast it was upgraded to 2.1. The Samsung Behold 2 never was upgraded that far. Since then I have a hard time with Samsung. I have a Vibrant and glad I rooted it.

The thing I like about Samsung is the display. It is phenominal. As far as an update ota or website for galaxy s2, I would say if it gets one it will be an ota. That's more your carrier's style.
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 08-01-2011 at 07:53 AM.

I got a great deal for my galaxy s2 on t-mobile. 30.64 a month, truly unlimited internet, unlimited texts and 500 minutes. Its possibly th best deal out there

Sent from my GT-I9100 using
    Posted from my epic galaxy S2 ^_^

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links