My new phone came today yay. Quick initial review as well plus a question or 2..

This is a discussion on My new phone came today yay. Quick initial review as well plus a question or 2.. within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; My new phone came today, and wow. Move over hubby, I found something else to play with now lol. I'm hooked, already downloaded some free ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new phone came today yay. Quick initial review as well plus a question or 2..

My new phone came today yay. Quick initial review as well plus a question or 2..

My new phone came today, and wow. Move over hubby, I found something else to play with now lol.

I'm hooked, already downloaded some free apps I new about and so loving it. Need to download launcher pro (think thats the right name) and change the way it looks (once I work out all the buttons etc) but other then that, again all I say is wow.

I'm used too a phone that really wasn't meant for apps and was mainly a talk/text phone with one or two other features, this is my first smartphone and I'm in love it lmao
    ___

For anyone interested I got my phone on a Tesco contract in the UK and once I popped the battery in (the sim was already inserted) I just turned the phone on, set up a google account and away I went, that simple. (not sure if its that simple for other network users though, probably)

The colours are fantastic, so much brighter then my old phone, and the blacks are really black.

I agree with posts I have read elsewhere on somethings

Women with long nails might have trouble typing with it, and people with big fingers might find it hard too (I have small kid sized hands and my fingers aren't too fat, I have nails but there not that long so not much of a problem for me)

The phone is much bigger then most other phones, but I can hold it easily in my tiny hands, only thing is when I go to text (using both hands to hold the phone landscape wise) I do sometimes find one or two keys a pain to type due to my short fingers (I'm sure once I get used to the phone or once I downloaded a better keyboard I'll be ok)

___

Few quick questions if anyone has the time.

The phone has over half a full battery, not sure how to find out how much battery remaining yet other then to look at the battery icon at top of the screen, can someone help here?

Also if I open something that need to use the web, how to I fully close that application so I know its not accessing the web anymore (hope that makes sense)

Is it easy enough to change the look of the main page (the skins?) I'm not liking the yellowy orange background with the blue clock much at the moment.

How do I add some of my favourite apps to one of the main screens.

Sorry if these questions seem obvious to most, but as I said its my first smartphone and I'm still getting used to it..

____

Think that's it for now, again WOW, so far so good I'm not fantastic with technology (I know how to do what I need to and that's ok for me) but I do love my gadgets and hope I can get the most out of my new phone as possible.

Anyway only had the phone about 45mins so far, and feel like I died and went to heaven.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Enthusiast mountainbikermark's Avatar
    Try Thumb Keyboard. It's not free but you may find a similar free one on the market. It splits the keyboard in landscape to remove the dead zone in the center. Its really cool.
    To add an app press /hold the home screen you want it on and the options to add stuff will show on the screen. If it drops where you don't like it, press it( the icon for the app you just added) for a couple seconds and drag it where you want it. If you want to delete icons just hold and drag to the trash can that shows up in a couple of seconds.
    Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

The United States is the land of the free because of the brave!
    Thank You to all who serve, have served in the U.S. military ,and to their families for your sacrifices. They are not in vain.
    May God bless the United States of America

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Try Swype -- the beta program is probably still in effect where you can sign up to test a free version of it. Also, if you'd like to try the Thumb Keyboard I can provide you with a link to an older version that is free and might give you an idea of some of the functionality so you can try for more than 15 minutes before you buy.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Those are some good suggestions. For your battery you can go into settings/about phone/status and it will tell you how much battery you have left, plus a bunch of other stuff.

Thanks everyone great suggestions/help

For me this phone is a lot harder to get to grips with then any other phone I was used to in the past but I am slowly getting there.

Once I have fully worked out how to change the look of my icons (add new widgets for everything) I think I will be sorted, I'm using launcher pro, still not figured it out yet, but I will have it sorted soon enough (I hope)

Hey zeb im glad you like your s2. I suggest you download a free battery graph to see how much battery is really left.
    As for th closing th apps down completely, hold down th main button and then go to clear memory and then press th clear memory button, this will clear your RAM up and close all active apps. Hope i helped

Sent from my Samsung galaxy s2 GT-I9100 using Android.net
    Posted from my epic galaxy S2 ^_^

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Good tip, ELL4EVER, but a suggestion: let the phone run normally unless you have an issue that you need to kill an app before you do something like that.

Some interesting reading:

http://www.android.net/forum/android...evelopers.html

Thanks again

Only had the phone since yesterday and think the battery is going down quite quickly at the mo, I think that will slow down once I stop going to the app store as much etc but its already at 79% and I have only been using the phone since it was fully charged, for 2hrs 57mins (some of that time today, it was in my pocket for about 15mins both ways while on the bus)

Maybe I could delete some of the Samsung apps from the phone that might help, really not sure about that, but still battery does not seem to be lasting that long at all.

Once it gets too around 50% left, then power saving mode will kick in but still not to impressed at mo. If it lasts just 10-12hrs at least I can charge my phone each night if I need too which I suppose is better then nothing...

Gona leave it to fully run out of battery and see how much time it lasted for, that will be the best way to check. Very surprised that people who are using there phone for youtube and web browsing, are getting 24hrs out of there battery, hope I can soon enough.

Think I'm going to invest in a 3500mah battery at the end of them month, providing I can find the right case for the back of the phone to go over it. Seen one that goes along where the camera is and then just sticks out where the battery sits, but I have seen another one where it goes upwards from the camera to the other side of the phone, giving it a more even look and not making it look like only one part of the back is a lot bigger then the rest...

This should solve all my problems and given me the 2+ days battery life I want, I have a feeling its cause I'm a heavy user and always playing with my phone. That may change once I have the phone for a couple weeks, but at the moment I doubt it..

Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Battery life isn't great on Android phones, unfortunately. That's the price you pay for gasoline being so cheap in the USA for so long (battery technology was neglected) and phones that perform this well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links