quick tip to extend battery life

This is a discussion on quick tip to extend battery life within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; Don't feel bad Titan ....I felt the exact same way about rooting when I first got my phone. But its really not as hard or ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: quick tip to extend battery life

Don't feel bad Titan ....I felt the exact same way about rooting when I first got my phone. But its really not as hard or scary as it sounds. I'm now a proud "flashaholic" and love flashing new roms on my phone. Once you do it a couple times and get comfortable with the process, you'll be like many of us and wonder why you didn't do it sooner. Once you root, you'll never go back to stock! (at least for very long!) :D
    Plus we've got plenty of helpful RS guys here to give you a hand if you run into any trouble.
    Good luck!

tap'n

A can appreciate that. But I don't have room for mistakes. I don't care about the warranty; I don't care about my music or pictures. Nothing. Except it is my only source of communication. I must always be able to make phone calls. I can't have any down time. I'm afraid I'll try it, screw it up, and then not be able to get to the Rescue Squad to at least get the phone working again. I'm not sure if i'm smart enough right now. I don't know...

I hear ya bud. Just know we're here when you're ready.

tap'n

Thank-you very much, Cr6. Maybe tomorrow I'll hook-up with one of you techies and have the process explained to me in a way that an old carpenter can understand and just go for it once and for all. It's all I think about lately. I need to satisfy this curiosity...later.

It works for me. Lg Optimus V

Quote Originally Posted by titanoman View Post
    Wow. I've been asking for months why root. Fbm reminded me about being able to ditch those useless factory apps (this thing has many), but I wasn't aware of the CWM aspect. Man, I wish I wasn't afraid to try rooting. I'm bummed...
    There is nothing to he afraid of as far as technically being difficult to root. You download one kernel and flash it on your phone with Odin. It is easy with this phone.

Thanx Ollie

Quote Originally Posted by titanoman View Post
    A can appreciate that. But I don't have room for mistakes. I don't care about the warranty; I don't care about my music or pictures. Nothing. Except it is my only source of communication. I must always be able to make phone calls. I can't have any down time. I'm afraid I'll try it, screw it up, and then not be able to get to the Rescue Squad to at least get the phone working again. I'm not sure if i'm smart enough right now. I don't know...
    You don't lose any data if you just flash an insecure kernel. Wiping data usually involves installing some sort of ROM which I didn't do. Chainfire over at XDA has all of the insecure kernels and a special version of CWM just for our phone. If you read a guide that suggests wiping data or using a oneclick program you shouldn't use it. I can link you to what I used if you'd like. I am not technically advanced at all and was surprised at how easy it was.When you read his post at first it looks all crazy and hard, but if you focus on two things in his thread it becomes clear...1. The insecure kernel for your current firmware that you are using, and 2. How to flash with Odin the long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    You don't lose any data if you just flash an insecure kernel. Wiping data usually involves installing some sort of ROM which I didn't do. Chainfire over at XDA has all of the insecure kernels and a special version of CWM just for our phone. If you read a guide that suggests wiping data or using a oneclick program you shouldn't use it. I can link you to what I used if you'd like. I am not technically advanced at all and was surprised at how easy it was.When you read his post at first it looks all crazy and hard, but if you focus on two things in his thread it becomes clear...1. The insecure kernel for your current firmware that you are using, and 2. How to flash with Odin the long way.
    I hope I don't get in trouble for this post because I already posted "okay. I'm ready to root. Do I need to borrow a laptop?" in the Optimus S forum several hours or a day ago. So...a. Do I need a computer? b. CR6 and CJ7 and fbm and SI! know I want to root (they may not have gotten to the post I just referred to yet, that i'm ready to root). Should I follow the link you refer to or wait for a "techie" (you said you're not. But you know a lot more about this kind of stuff than I do - after all, you're rooted! - to come along? Thank-you.

Sent from my LG-P509 using Android.net

Sorry T....at work so hard to give much help right now.
    Yes, you'll need access to a pc to root. I believe their are a few ways to root your device. Via Odin, z4 root and Gingersnap. Have you looked through these root methods yet?

tap'n
    Last edited by CR6; 08-23-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links