quick tip to extend battery life

This is a discussion on quick tip to extend battery life within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; i have done tests over the past couple of days and figured out that your battery will last a lot longer if you turn off ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: quick tip to extend battery life

quick tip to extend battery life

i have done tests over the past couple of days and figured out that your battery will last a lot longer if you turn off the wifi when you are not using it. i know the phone will switch off wifi when you leave your house and go back on 3g or 4g but if you manually switch it off when you leave the phone will stop searching for wifi signals when your out thus not using battery power.. it really helps out a lot. for example yesterday i left it on and by 2pm i was down to 68% (it was on battery since 7am) and today i turned it off at 7am when i left and at 2pm it was at 89% and it was pretty much the exact same amout of usage. some texting checking Facebook and twitter 10 mins of gaming.. test it out for yourself and post below if you noticed a difference in your battery life or not

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Android.net
    Last edited by furbearingmammal; 08-05-2011 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Cleaned up the post.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

not all phones transition between wi-fi and network automatically (my phone for example, Optimus T) and must be manually switched over. When I forget to, you're probably right: constantly searching for the ever-elusive wi-fi connection must require more juice than being connected to (2 or) 3g.
    Last edited by titanoman; 08-05-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    The constant scanning isn't good for battery life, no. All scanning is done at maximum power, so that's a tremendous battery drain.

Turning off the WiFi has been a known battery-saver since before the Motorola Droid hit. It's just common sense to turn off a radio transmitter when you're not using it.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Theres an app called juice defender an one called 2x battery install them n ull notice a tremendous difference n ur battery life

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    Neither one does anything you can't, and shouldn't, do yourself. They also run constantly in the background and actually negatively impact performance/battery life over you doing those things manually.
    DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

I used Titanium Backup to freeze most of the useless background apps and the list is quite extensive! Stay away from Juicedefender and apps like that. There is a Wifi quick toggle in the notification bar. That is what I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    I used Titanium Backup to freeze most of the useless background apps and the list is quite extensive! Stay away from Juicedefender and apps like that. There is a Wifi quick toggle in the notification bar. That is what I use.
    Is that for rooted phones (TB-U)?

Yes, Titanium is for rooted phones. It is one of the two reasons that I root. Titanium backs up all of your apps with their data for a painless one click reinstall after a factory reset. The second reason I root is for CWM. It creates a complete system image of everything on your phone for yet another painless reinstall when something starts acting up. Including wallpapers, Widgets, apps, photos, music,movies, etc. Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    Yes, Titanium is for rooted phones. It is one of the two reasons that I root. Titanium backs up all of your apps with their data for a painless one click reinstall after a factory reset. The second reason I root is for CWM. It creates a complete system image of everything on your phone for yet another painless reinstall when something starts acting up. Including wallpapers, Widgets, apps, photos, music,movies, etc. Everything.
    Wow. I've been asking for months why root. Fbm reminded me about being able to ditch those useless factory apps (this thing has many), but I wasn't aware of the CWM aspect. Man, I wish I wasn't afraid to try rooting. I'm bummed...

So juice defender isent worth using ?!

Optimus V

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links