Galaxy S2 review: a little overview of the best phone i've ever owned

This is a discussion on Galaxy S2 review: a little overview of the best phone i've ever owned within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I've had quite a few phones over th years and they have all had good points and bad points. One of my favourite previous phones ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S2 review: a little overview of the best phone i've ever owned

Galaxy S2 review: a little overview of the best phone i've ever owned

I've had quite a few phones over th years and they have all had good points and bad points. One of my favourite previous phones was th Samsung jet and Samsung have outdone themselves again with th galaxy s2. In this review i will cover features and areas.

Screen quality: the super amoled screen looks great, the colours are very deep and really clear. Another great thing about th screen is that you can turn th back light down to 15% and still get a good light.

Interface: its super easy to use and easy to customize. Its not quite as unique looking as HTC sense but it does th job.

Battery: one of th reasons i got th galaxy s2 is because of its great battery life and it hasn't let me down. I can get 1 and a half days to 2 days on a moderate usage. I did think about getting a bigger battery but i no longer need it.

Camera/video camera: this camera is amazing, beautiful high quality photos that can be made even better using some simple editing software. The 1080p video capture is also great, very smooth and clear. One of th best phone cameras out there.

Running speed: this phone is stupidly fast and can easily manage multiple apps and video streaming. Throw anything, everything at this phone and it will shrug and laugh at your attempts to even try and slow it down.

Browser: the browser + th epic running speed makes for an impressive entertainment experience. I no longer need to use my computer as this phone bridges the gap between my pc and my old mobile.

Build quality: This is one point where i have to tell you a negative, although it is very lightweight its also got a very cheap feel. I no longer notice this as i have purchased a case but its something that can change peoples opinions.

Overall score: 9.5/10 the Samsung galaxy s2 is almost a perfect phone. It does everything and more at super high speed and with style. It will turn heads and have people asking you if they can have a go when ever they spot this beauty resting in your hands. This is probably th best android phone out there and its most certainly th fastest. If your looking to upgrade then choose this phone, you won't regret it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android.net
    Posted from my epic galaxy S2 ^_^

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    wwickedd
    Great write up! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing.

To me, the battery life is atrocious. I am a power user though as I really don't use it much as an actual phone. The draw for me to Android was the removable battery. I have 6 of them so it isn't an issue. I agree about the build quality to an extent. Initially I wasn't impressed with the fullbody plastic housing, but love it now. My concerns over the flimsy plastic battery back plate have been eased as well. I was worried that it would be fragile and break. If you use pure black backgrounds your battery will last longer as our displays use no energy to display black. It only illuminates color.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    To me, the battery life is atrocious. I am a power user though as I really don't use it much as an actual phone. The draw for me to Android was the removable battery. I have 6 of them so it isn't an issue. I agree about the build quality to an extent. Initially I wasn't impressed with the fullbody plastic housing, but love it now. My concerns over the flimsy plastic battery back plate have been eased as well. I was worried that it would be fragile and break. If you use pure black backgrounds your battery will last longer as our displays use no energy to display black. It only illuminates color.
    You said your draw to Android was the removable battery. Are there phones that don't have a removable battery? What do you mean by that?

I came from being on iPhones since 2007. I hated not having a removable battery.

I have two of these phones. One for myself and one for my wife and we couldn't agree more on all points raised here. ONLY 1 PROBLEM for me - I cannot yet play online with my PS3 with the wifi hotspot. This is an issue that Samsung is working on(they have assured me), but for the past week I have had to reactivate my HTC Incredible S on my carrier in order to play online away from home I am going to wait for another week or so and then... Well.... let's wait and see! I will keep everyone informed on this issue when I reactivate my Sammy and join the ranks of owner of the best Superphone to date!!! (HOPEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    I came from being on iPhones since 2007. I hated not having a removable battery.
    Uh oh...Somebody (reputable like fbm etc) said it's good to do a battery pull once a week (and to completely drain the battery once a month). Good for system and battery. So I told an Apple friend of mine to do the same. I don't think she took my advice because she never heard of it. So iphones don't have a rem..battery? How do you replace it?

Great review....thanks!
    Extra batteries & power cords are a must for the power user imo. I've never been too concerned with the poor battery life on my OG Galaxy S. I keep a power cord at home, one in my car and one at work. I also do a lot of camping, fishing, etc. and having 2 extra batteries has been a life saver as well since I take tons of pictures & video with my phone.

tap'n

Quote Originally Posted by titanoman View Post
    Uh oh...Somebody (reputable like fbm etc) said it's good to do a battery pull once a week (and to completely drain the battery once a month). Good for system and battery. So I told an Apple friend of mine to do the same. I don't think she took my advice because she never heard of it. So iphones don't have a rem..battery? How do you replace it?
    You don't replace it. You either buy a case that has a built in battery or plug it into the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links