Samsung Galaxy S2, Battery Problem

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy S2, Battery Problem within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; the factory reset and firm upgrade has increased the batt life on my phone..... the games and apps running in the background seemed to have ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S2, Battery Problem

the factory reset and firm upgrade has increased the batt life on my phone..... the games and apps running in the background seemed to have been the culprit. I too used to have phone die out within 12hrs.

I have noticed a charging issue when it is connected to a usb power source.... it take a hell of a long time to charge. never time it but even a full night would not charge it completely.

Terje, and who ever else has a major batt drain prob, trying downloading 'ZD tool box' and check out the apps running in background.... those were what drain my batt. if you have the same issue you can also confirm by checking from settings --> applications --> Battery Usage and see if its the Android OS and Android System which is draining the batt (they would be on the op of list of batt usage) .... that would be the symptom of ur aps draining the life from your cell.

Cheers

Yep, I just had this happen to me for the first time. I fully charged my S2 at night, unplugged it around midnight, phone died 9-10 hours later, and now I don't have my charger on me all day at work I literally haven't touched it except for it waking me up in the morning.
    I'm starting to get sick of this phone cuz I also have camera failing problems where I have to restart the phone more than 50% of the time when I access its camera.
    I still think it's a great phone though.

Quote Originally Posted by rayge32 View Post
    Yep, I just had this happen to me for the first time. I fully charged my S2 at night, unplugged it around midnight, phone died 9-10 hours later, and now I don't have my charger on me all day at work I literally haven't touched it except for it waking me up in the morning.
    I'm starting to get sick of this phone cuz I also have camera failing problems where I have to restart the phone more than 50% of the time when I access its camera.
    I still think it's a great phone though.
    Welcome to the site. Sorry you are having these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by gigake View Post
    Same problem here!
    I have noticed that it happens after I upload some photo from gallery to facebook ! Can It be also your reason?
    My S2 battery was fully charged, I uploaded a photo to facebook, cheked on morning that there were no active data connection, but battery was 20% charged. It took just 7h from 100% to 20%.
    Will make some tests more today.
    Hope you got this resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina View Post
    Have had my phone for 2 months for the past 4 weeks have noticed that it is extremely over heating and turning it's self off i would not expect this from a brand new phone to take on the i-phone its a disappointment due It melted my phone to it has also erased my game data I am not satisfied with this. It needs sorting now.
    Hope you were able to resolve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by odeon1234 View Post
    Hey guys, I am planning to buy Samsung Galaxy S, please give me your suggestions whether it is a worth buy that mobile. Awaiting for your reply. Thanks in advance.
    Hope you found enough info to help with your decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Terje View Post
    I have a problem with my phone. The phone randomly emptying the battery (it takes approx 4-6 hours from fully charged). No heavy programs is in use when this occurs. In the beginning I wanted to use the phone as wake-up clock ...but I couldn`t trust it for the battery sometimes works whole night and somtimes not. I can feel the phone is getting warm next to the camera when the battery-emptying starts. Any ideas?
    I have tryed factory reset, upgraded to latest firmware, uninstalled unused programs etc.. but its not fixed it. But the upgrading of firmware made it better, so now its not happens so often ( 2-3 times pr week) Tip?
    Hope this is now resolved for you.

Post Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Perrie16 View Post
    This happened to me too. I think twice or three times already. When this happens to me, what I do is I turn of my phone then remove the battery, press and hold the power button for a few seconds (like 10secs) and turn it back on. After doing this, my battery doesn't drain anymore. I don't know if this is just some stuff that I thought of, but it really works on my phone.^_^
    If you removed the battery what can happen by pressing the power button?

I've had my S2 for around 15 months. During the last three months I've experienced overheating and battery drain. I've replaced the battery and the problem is still there. I've disabled WiFi, GPS, and other apps. The only thing I can imagine causing this problem is some app was updated and is causing this problem in the background.

I had this problem also. Here's what I did to fix it.
    1. Perform factory reset
    2. Turn phone on and let the battery drain completely until the phone will not turn on
    3. Charge phone for 6 hours
    4. Turn on phone and charge again for 2 hours ( I know this sounds redundant but it's needed)
    5. Turn off GPS and WiFi
    6. Unplug phone and let it sit for about 4 hours
    7. Press menu -> Settings -> Battery
    8. Check what shows as the top battery user
    If Screen is top user then reduce screen brightness to the lowest comfortable level
    If Android OS is top user check what applications are running in the background and stop any you don't need

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links