Samsung Galaxy S2, Battery Problem

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy S2, Battery Problem within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I have a problem with my phone. The phone randomly emptying the battery (it takes approx 4-6 hours from fully charged). No heavy programs is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S2, Battery Problem

Samsung Galaxy S2, Battery Problem

I have a problem with my phone. The phone randomly emptying the battery (it takes approx 4-6 hours from fully charged). No heavy programs is in use when this occurs. In the beginning I wanted to use the phone as wake-up clock ...but I couldn`t trust it for the battery sometimes works whole night and somtimes not. I can feel the phone is getting warm next to the camera when the battery-emptying starts. Any ideas?
    I have tryed factory reset, upgraded to latest firmware, uninstalled unused programs etc.. but its not fixed it. But the upgrading of firmware made it better, so now its not happens so often ( 2-3 times pr week) Tip?
    Last edited by Terje; 09-01-2011 at 05:02 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Someone who had the same problem?

This happened to me too. I think twice or three times already. When this happens to me, what I do is I turn of my phone then remove the battery, press and hold the power button for a few seconds (like 10secs) and turn it back on. After doing this, my battery doesn't drain anymore. I don't know if this is just some stuff that I thought of, but it really works on my phone.^_^

Hey guys, I am planning to buy Samsung Galaxy S, please give me your suggestions whether it is a worth buy that mobile. Awaiting for your reply. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by odeon1234 View Post
    Hey guys, I am planning to buy Samsung Galaxy S, please give me your suggestions whether it is a worth buy that mobile. Awaiting for your reply. Thanks in advance.
    I really love my SGS1 i9000!^_^ But i need to be honest with you and tell you what I hate about my i9000. It has Auto-focus when you're taking pictures but it DOES NOT have auto-focus when video recording. That's the only thing I hate about it. Other than that, I love this phone! I don't even care that it doesn't have a camera flash.

Sorry made a mistake. it DOES have Auto-focus. What it doesn't have is TOUCH TO FOCUS.. Those are two very different things.^_^

Have had my phone for 2 months for the past 4 weeks have noticed that it is extremely over heating and turning it's self off i would not expect this from a brand new phone to take on the i-phone its a disappointment due It melted my phone to it has also erased my game data I am not satisfied with this. It needs sorting now.

Hmm.. never happened to me. My phone only heats up when I play games that need to be connected to the net, but that's it. It does not heat up to the point where it can melt my phone. Maybe you have a faulty battery.

When this is happening for into Settings, Applications, and see what is running. You can install Watchdog from the market and it will do the leg work for you. Fortunately this does not happen with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Terje View Post
    I have a problem with my phone. The phone randomly emptying the battery (it takes approx 4-6 hours from fully charged). No heavy programs is in use when this occurs. In the beginning I wanted to use the phone as wake-up clock ...but I couldn`t trust it for the battery sometimes works whole night and somtimes not. I can feel the phone is getting warm next to the camera when the battery-emptying starts. Any ideas?
    I have tryed factory reset, upgraded to latest firmware, uninstalled unused programs etc.. but its not fixed it. But the upgrading of firmware made it better, so now its not happens so often ( 2-3 times pr week) Tip?
    Same problem here!
    I have noticed that it happens after I upload some photo from gallery to facebook ! Can It be also your reason?
    My S2 battery was fully charged, I uploaded a photo to facebook, cheked on morning that there were no active data connection, but battery was 20% charged. It took just 7h from 100% to 20%.
    Will make some tests more today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads