Application just does not go away :(

This is a discussion on Application just does not go away :( within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I was wondering if anyone can help me before I uninstall the program this is my last option as I have searched all over the ...

Thread: Application just does not go away :(

Application just does not go away :(

I was wondering if anyone can help me before I uninstall the program this is my last option as I have searched all over the net for the answer but found no solution so this might be my last stop.

I have installed Brothers in Arms 2 HD after giving it a trail run I exited the game. However I have read that exiting does not necessarily mean the application is closed. I decided to then check applications which are open and eating my battery life.

Settings>About Phone>Battery Usage, here it shows me Brothers in Arms 2 HD 6%. When I click on it to Force Close, the option is in-active. So I decided to go through the Task Manager option and check out the Active applications but nothing is showing up here. So my final option using the Phone features was to go back into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications then click on the running tab but nothing was showing here. However every time I go to Battery Usage the game shows up still using 6%. My other option was to go and download Advance Task Killer but this did not achieve anything.

I try to reload the game and exit, no solution still showing.
    Then I thought it may be a delay and it will exit soon but I write this post after 2 hours still showing up under battery usage not going away.

The only option I have is to uninstall the game but I don't want to keep uninstalling apps if this happens again if there is a solution.

So in short I see the application under Battery Usage but nowhere else to close it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You can't close it. The devs designed it to access the internet for updates or something. Not sure what the use for that is considering it could check whenever you launch it.

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueProblem View Post
    I was wondering if anyone can help me before I uninstall the program this is my last option as I have searched all over the net for the answer but found no solution so this might be my last stop.

I have installed Brothers in Arms 2 HD after giving it a trail run I exited the game. However I have read that exiting does not necessarily mean the application is closed. I decided to then check applications which are open and eating my battery life.

Settings>About Phone>Battery Usage, here it shows me Brothers in Arms 2 HD 6%. When I click on it to Force Close, the option is in-active. So I decided to go through the Task Manager option and check out the Active applications but nothing is showing up here. So my final option using the Phone features was to go back into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications then click on the running tab but nothing was showing here. However every time I go to Battery Usage the game shows up still using 6%. My other option was to go and download Advance Task Killer but this did not achieve anything.

I try to reload the game and exit, no solution still showing.
    Then I thought it may be a delay and it will exit soon but I write this post after 2 hours still showing up under battery usage not going away.

The only option I have is to uninstall the game but I don't want to keep uninstalling apps if this happens again if there is a solution.

So in short I see the application under Battery Usage but nowhere else to close it.
    Maybe you need root access to un-install it?

Sent from my LG-P509 using Android.net

It is a background process of the game.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links