Help with Samsung Kies MTP/ USB Tethering

This is a discussion on Help with Samsung Kies MTP/ USB Tethering within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; So I just got my phone a few days ago, and I must say I'm quite impressed with the freedom it allows and the files/formats ...

Thread: Help with Samsung Kies MTP/ USB Tethering

Help with Samsung Kies MTP/ USB Tethering

So I just got my phone a few days ago, and I must say I'm quite impressed with the freedom it allows and the files/formats supported by it etc.

One thing I haven't figured out though, is.. when I plug the phone into my computer through USB I get the Samsung Kies MTP notification, my computer recognizes the phone, and all is well. But if I quit Samsung Kies by pressing the home button, I can't get the application to run again without unplugging and reconnecting the USB.

Which leads me to my next problem, tethering through USB. I know how to enable it in the phone, but it feels like I'm supposed to connect the phone, enable the USB tethering, and then go back into Kies which I don't know how to do. Either that or I'm just doing something else wrong, because I can't enable USB tethering before it's connected and when my phone's not in Kies my computer doesn't acknowledge that the phone's connected, so I can't use the internet from it. I've also tried putting the phone in USB storage mode, but tethering can't be done in that mode.

So basically, how do I re-open the Samsung Kies MTP application without reconnecting the phone, and will that solve my USB tethering issue?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I had the exact same problem, but eventually figured it out.
    I had to install the Samsung Kies application on my PC (Samsung Apps).
    Then, following the same steps as you, when I activate tethering, the USB device is re-initialised on my PC, and I have a 3G connection via USB.

Plaform: Windows 7 64-bit.

PS: I had the Samsung Kies application running on my PC when I activated the USB tethering. I haven't tested yet whether this is a requirement.

C

Thanks! I installed Samsung Kies on my computer, and the USB tethering does seem to work as it should now. It still doesn't want to reconnect to the point of being able to transfer files and such again without unplugging and reconnecting the USB (has a permanent "connecting" message in Kies on the computer), but that's not such a big deal.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links