Photos Do Not Sync to Computer with Kies

This is a discussion on Photos Do Not Sync to Computer with Kies within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; hi all, i took some photos on my s2 and synchronised with kies (selecting the sync photos option) but non of the photos are copied ...

Thread: Photos Do Not Sync to Computer with Kies

Photos Do Not Sync to Computer with Kies

hi all, i took some photos on my s2 and synchronised with kies (selecting the sync photos option) but non of the photos are copied to my computer. i can see the photos in kies but the option appears to be to manually select and copy them to a folder on the computer. Surely this is not correct...can anyone help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    IMO its easiest to connect your phone to your PC via USB cable and drag and drop files to your PC.

that is incredibly backward. surely the point of synchronization is to ensure the same data is on both of the devices being synced? my nokia would seamlessly copy all new photos, contacts and calendar entries between computer and phone. come on samsung you cant be that stupid....?

But that's the beauty of Android!^_^ You can just use your phone as you would a flash drive without the need of a gateway app for syncing files.^_^

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    Your contacts and calendar are synced via your google account. Log in to your gmail account and you'll see your contacts and dates there. I use dropbox in conjunction with dropsync to wirelessly sync my important folders to the cloud.

you can use pretty much any phone as a flash drive actually, it's not an android thing at all.

i can sychronise contacts and calendars through the cloud...but its just impossible to synchronise outlook as well...lol. the real issue is photos. my previous phones would synchronise and place all my photos on the computer in order of date. which makes perfect sense as the camera is on the phone so obviously all new photos will be in the phone. why you would want to transfer from computer to phone i dont know - but you definitely want to get your photos off your phone. having to go looking through the phone of new photos and manually dragging them to the computer is so very out-of-date....are there any apps that can organise phone photos i wonder.....

unfortunately here in south africa internet access is neither quick nor cheap so desktop synchronisation is pretty crucial.....also must say i am a bit distrustful of this cloud thing....big companies sucking you in..........

Twitter
    _B0BB0_
    I agree, but everything is moving to clouds. I've used dropsync and droobox for several months without issue on several devices. You can use an app like WiFi File explorer to transfer files over wifi from phone to PC.

Samsung makes Kies (not Kies Air) to sync your photos with the Galaxy. However, it does not auto sync. If you are an on the go businessperson who does not have time to worry about syncing, visit to find a list of all available software. Their chart has a column that tells if the software does an autosync.
    Last edited by solomonwarren; 09-01-2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Removed External Link

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links