Galaxy S 2 v iPhone (Selling it to friends)

This is a discussion on Galaxy S 2 v iPhone (Selling it to friends) within the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, part of the Samsung Android Phones category; I just wondered what everyone thinks of their Samsung Galaxy S 2...I for one believe it to be the one that changes people perceptions of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Galaxy S 2 v iPhone (Selling it to friends)

Twitter
    @RichieScouse

Galaxy S 2 v iPhone (Selling it to friends)

I just wondered what everyone thinks of their Samsung Galaxy S 2...I for one believe it to be the one that changes people perceptions of iPhones as the brand new announcement see's the new arrival of the iPhone 4s......The SGS2 Has been released since February and has everything...AND MORE of what the 4s has.

Just wondered how you would sell the SGS2 to friends if they were to ask.....''Whats so good about the SGS2 compared to an iPhone'' without being long winded an anal about it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Everything!!!! It really has an amazing feel when your multi tasking on a thin lightweight piece of technology. I've had no problems with my sgs2. Its the phone that set the mark for every other company to try and beat. Its truly amazing. The Super AMOLED screen will blow your mind.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android.net
    Posted from my epic galaxy S2 ^_^

I'd go with the galaxy, mainly because i have tried the Galaxy s1 against the iphone 4 and i still found the android a lot more functional(at least for me) plus, the lack of 4g is also a downer. Keep in mind that the Galaxy also has an expandable memory, something that apple seems reluctant to provide, just like varied codec support.The battery on the galaxy S might last a bit less than the iphone, but that's the price to pay to keep 4g on(4g can be toggled to save battery).

On the hardware side.....The samsung galaxy S2 is lighter and thinner than the iphone4....
    On the software side....the galaxy s2 has much more freedom in being able to customise the menus etc. there is no restrictions on number of icons/apps in a folder, and no end to how to customise it....and above all you are not tied to itunes....you can do most things without even connecting to a PC.
    I love the google sync....calendar, email (when using gmail) and all, it just is exact to what you see on your PC screen....and it syncs seamlessly, you don't even notice it happening.
    I love my Samsung Galaxy S2!!

I agree with all of the above.
    Three of my colleagues have iphones and I have played around on their devices numerous times. Also in an attempt by them to sway me.

The iphone is a really good device, I won't take that away from it. The os is very smooth and it generally works when you throw any task at it. It manages to be a tool and a funky toy at the same time.

Now the Galaxy S2 on the other hand is something completely different to me. An immensely powerful device aimed at people who know what they want. Something can do anything and then some, while maintaining a sense of anonymity. The phone isn't as showy as an iphone. Sleek, thin and lightweight. Even understated. But once someone takes it in their hand they realise they are holding something special.

Those are just some general opinions I have. I am a geek through and through... So moving to Android was a natural progression for me, I am also a poweruser so the hardware of the SGS2 serves me very well.

At work I don't have to try and sell people on my phone. They just see it or use it and they are sold automatically

bigg09 likes this.

id say "if this phone didnt come out i would of had an iphone and would of made the worst mistake in history!"
    or if someone said they are gettin the iphone4 id say
    "if you want to be ripped off with a £500 handset with hardly any features then be my guest! otherwise don't ask a stupid question!"

my Girlfreind has the Iphone4 and when i compare it to mine it looks so diddy haha.. now i absolutely hate small screens after this phone!... i had mine for a bargain whist she is bein ripped off.. i still giggle to it even today when i think about it!

shame the battery doesnt last long with the power of this phone gives out.. when Ice Cream Sandwhich is released the battery will be heavily abuse by this phone... still doesnt stop me from playin HD games and watchin Movies.. this phone is perfect for a 3hour car journey through the UK watchin films.. but this is my opinion.. Android defo needs an xboxlive compatibility! thats one way to get 1up on the iOS :D

Removable battery. Nuff said. This phone has had record sales for a reason. It sells itself. Let them borrow it for a few hours.

Twitter
    @09bigg
    just let him used it for a day then he'll see the difference between the two.
    im a phone geek and like to replace phones every 3 months and and already had my GS2 since february and still love it.

for the record iphone users are blindfolded with ios.

I to am a phone geek, and am constantly changing handsets. Since January 2010 I have owned:

HTC Hero
    Palm Pre
    HTC Legend
    HTC Desire
    Samsung Galaxy S
    HTC Desire HD
    LG Optimus 2X

Each of these phones did the job reasonably well to very well, with the only exception being the Optimus 2X who's UI is so laggy its better off being compared to one of Nokia's old symbian dinosaurs.

With the S2 however I find (for the first time for me) I am not wanting to 'update' there simply are no gaps in its performance, no hardware omissions, no unexpected faults, nothing. It just works perfectly.

Bigger screen (better resolution)
    Customisable menus
    Cheaper or free apps
    Standard GPS app
    Faster processor
    No synching required, just connect, drag and drop files like an external HDD
    And you won't be an iSheep by buying an SGS2

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Android.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links